Author Topic: Bad gas, mucousy poops and nasty smells :o(  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
Bad gas, mucousy poops and nasty smells :o(
« on: May 22, 2006, 03:05:29 am »
Well, that just about sums up Josh at the moment! Unsettled, with bad, foul-smelling gas, bright yellow mucousy poops and sporadic screaming when trying to pass gas/bm. He is 10 weeks old and I have recently eliminated dairy, with no change - any ideas? does it sound like an allergy?

Dee
x

Offline owelley

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 57
  • You took the fall and thought of me above all.
    • www.chordpower.com
Re: Bad gas, mucousy poops and nasty smells :o(
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 03:15:31 am »
Not green mucousy poops but yellow??  I tried loojking it up but all I found was about the grren kind which means they're getting too much fore milk and not enough hind milk.  Have u tried massaging you los tummy and also gripe water??  Could it be the vegetables that you eat?? IN my experience, I had to cut broccoli and cauly flower because they were making me and my lo too gassy with stomach cramps.  Gripe water works like magic for my dd and it just might work for your lo.  HTH ;)
Blessed beyond measure.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 11:52:20 am »
Have you eliminated ALL dairy, even hidden dairy? What about soy? You may need to do a complete elimination diet for 2 weeks and then start to slowly add foods back in...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 15:23:35 pm »
One more off-the-wall thing to try: for a while, avoid combining starches (grains, corn, potatoes) and proteins (meat, eggs, dairy) in a single meal and see if it makes a difference. If you eat a lot of beans and/or peas, that might be causing the gas as well - ditto broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage.

Offline EmmasMom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
    • http://www.vanvelzen.ca
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 16:11:22 pm »
Hi Dee,
Poor Joshua! Your description sounds just like my little guy at that age. In our experience, eliminating all dairy/soy helped stop the profuse stools within 1 week and a "normal" stool pattern came about 4-6 weeks later. It takes a long time to clear completely out of your system and then his.
Hopes he feels better soon!
---
Isabelle, mother of Emma, Oct. 23, 2002 and Nicolas, Feb 14, 2005
"Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future."
--Gail Lumet Buckley