Author Topic: dream feed impacting feeds next day?  (Read 740 times)

Offline bunnyfuller

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
dream feed impacting feeds next day?
« on: May 22, 2006, 10:38:56 am »
I started Florence on a d/f 3 nights ago.  11pm she manages 3oz, is very 'grunty and snorty' when I put her back down despite drinking very calmly.  I keep herswaddled for the feed and she's back asleep in 10 mins or so.

However, when she woke at 5am for feed she would only just take 3oz again, ditto next feed - she woke for them but only seemed to want a little.  Tried giving her a break then continuing feed but she got really upset both times.  Should I back off on the d/f for a bit?  I know babies are self regulating and it seems like she's sussed she's getting extra she doesn't really want.

She's 10 weeks old and has 5oz every 4 hrs - she has been 4-hrly since birth, I tried to take her to 3-hrly EASY but she really didn't do well.

Help!!!

Nic xxx

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: dream feed impacting feeds next day?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:05:53 am »
Hi Nic
it takes about a week for the benefits of a dreamfeed to become apparant.

Not sure if you have seen this link on DF FAQ's https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=54662.0

"However, when she woke at 5am for feed she would only just take 3oz again, ditto next feed - she woke for them but only seemed to want a little. Tried giving her a break then continuing feed but she got really upset both times. "

Nic I am not sure what time after 5am you are offering a feed  :-\ can you post your routine?

Lauren
Lauren x

Offline bunnyfuller

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: dream feed impacting feeds next day?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 18:58:17 pm »
Hi Lauren :)

routine as follows:

8/9am 5oz/activity

1030 sleep

12/1pm 5oz/activity

230(ish) sleep

4/5pm 5oz/activity

6pm bath

630 beddy byes

after that, she goes anything from 6-8 hrs before a feed.  With dreamfeed she went thru til 5am, and first 3 days took normal feeds.  Last night I skipped d/f and today shes back onto normal routine.  Yesterday was horrible and bitty, with her fussing and not napping properly, and this crying t feeds.  Do you think she's just either not ready for d/f or just one of the babies who doesn't want it?

thanks in advance,

Nic