Author Topic: Everything going wrong! Seperation Anxiety? Or need to change routine?  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
Ladies I really need help. Am going to be home more or less alone with dd for the next 4 weeks, dh will be here at weekends and will work most of them and things are going very very wrong.
Up until Saturday we had a perfect routine, was even looking foward to our hols next month, but it's all going out the window and I am not sure why  :'(
Sat- woke 1 hour early, no calming down, got her up, early down for nap, moaned for 15 mins and slept at normal time,woke after 45 mins, 20 mins early to bed, in total lost 2 hours sleep, did walk in and walk out when she woke from lunch nap, didn't work, made her hysterical though I continued until it was time to get up from nap, she didn't sleep after the 45 min mark. Bed time 20 mins early with paracetemol.
Sun- woke 1 hour early, again no calming down, usual nap of 12.30, slept 45 mins, sshed her on and off from outside her door and did walk in and out for over an hour again until nap time was over Normal bed time, again with paracetemol.
Mon- Woke ususal time, 7.20. Nap 12.30 she spent 25 mins calling me "Mammy sleep" Mammy gone sleep" "Wakey wakey Mammy" over and over again Eventually fell asleep and woke after 1 hour 10 mins, again calling me, this time I went in and got her up.
Tonight ( Mon) bed at 7.30 pm with paracetemol, and she started again with" Mammy sleep? Mammy dog barking? over and over again, and also Mammy gone?" She is not crying so I haven't gone it but ssh from outside her door and have told her to go to sleep, especially when she says Mammy gone so she knows I am here. She is now in bed half an hour and is still awake calling me. She usually goes to sleep in minutes.

What is going on??? Is it speration anxiety? Things are getting worse, especially the not settling tonight which will probably have a knock on effect and I have no one to help me in any way, dh is abroad.
Our usual routine is
7.15/7.30 wake up
12.30 Nap 1.5/2 hours
19.30 Bed
She has a dolly who sleeps with her and goes to bed awake, no props. I can't think of anything that may have happened to cause this change which started on Saturday. She had her chicken pox vaccination on Thursday morning but dont think that has anything to do with it. Her fingers are constantly in her mouth and I suspect her 2 year molars though this has been going on 2 months and I can't see anything, that is also the reason I gave her the paracetemol as I wanted to be sure it wasnt pain keeping her awake.

Pls pls help before this gets out of control,
Many Thanks,
Fiona