Author Topic: Formula and food at 8 months  (Read 640 times)

Offline StephC

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Formula and food at 8 months
« on: May 23, 2006, 04:17:08 am »
Hi, My DD is almost 8 months and I was just wondering  how many bottles a day other 8 month olds were taking.  Right now she has about 3 bottles a day.  Usually one in the morning, one with her afternoon nap and then one at bedtime.  I don't know when we started fazing them out.  Seems like it just happened once she started eating lots of "real" food during the day. 

Also, wondering what kind of food your babies were eating at this age.  I have started trying to give Jaidyn little bits of whatever we are having.  She eats pasta (even kraft dinner a couple of times-which I know is bad but she loved), chicken, beef, cottage cheese, hard cheese, bread, pancakes, french toast, real toast, and lots of baby vegetables, fruit and she loves her cheerios ( I think its an independance thing cause she can feed them to herself). Is this normal for babies her age to be eating all of this or am I rushing her.

Thanks, I know you ladies on here are always great to turn to.

Steph

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Formula and food at 8 months
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 09:53:58 am »
Hi StephC
My DS is 8months, he takes;

0730 9oz bottle - this inc's 2oz in his cereal
1200 5 or 6os of solids
1400 - 7oz bottle
1630 4oz solids
1930 10-13oz bottle

I have only started on 3 bottles, and I won't faze out the lunch time bottle until he instigates this. (possibly in a few months ???)

I give Calum similar foods to you;
Readybrek or weetabix for breakfast with fruit (going to try cheerios soon)
Lunch and tea - pasta, rice, chicken, beef, cheese, philadelphia, jam sandwickes, toast, breadsticks, veggies, fruit, jelly, rice cakes, cod, lentils, soups, various pasta sauces.

Does your LO eat the macaroni herself you do you mush up a bit and feed her?

Lauren

P.S I am sure I have missed loads…..
Lauren x

Offline StephC

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Formula and food at 8 months
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 15:54:15 pm »
Thanks Lauren,

It's good to hear that other babies are eating the same types of food as Jaidyn.  As for the macaroni, I have been cutting it up and spoon feeding her but last night I still cut it up a bit and then just let her try  to feed herself.  If was a HUGE mess but she did pretty good!  Man she loves it!  She just sees it and gets so excited.  The only thing is she is not really too interested in baby food some days.  I think that now that she has had a taste of real food the mush just doesn't do it for her anymore.

Steph