Author Topic: EASY for 5 week  (Read 1624 times)

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 174
EASY for 5 week
« on: May 23, 2006, 11:02:37 am »
So yesterday our day went as follows:It is every day pretty much the same, only start could be earlier

E 7.30
A
S 8.20 to bed , sleep  by 8.45

E 11.00 had to wake him
A
S about 12.15-1.50

E 2.00
A.
S. bed about 3.10 fall asleep 3.30-3.40, then woke 4.20, try to get him back, but he cried so  fed him

E. 4.30
A.
S. 5.50 slept in little carrier bag outside

A. bath 6.45
E. 7
A
S bed by 7.50

was on and off sleep, had bad gas yesterday and woke up screaming again little before 9, so I figured I feed him. But we were both so tired and fall asleep doing it. So he was out for night little after 9.
And then again 3 to eat.

So my Q is how should I implement EASY S part when baby has gas?
And how looks this routine for 5 week?
~Efka~

Offline Lªuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: EASY for 5 week
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 18:22:04 pm »
peike

Are you breast or bottlefeeding your LO? Do you any kind of drops to alleviate the gas at the moment?

You can see sample 0-3month routines here --> https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=10384.0

Lauren
Lauren x

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 19:10:55 pm »
I am breastfeeding and using right now Espumisani drops to relief his discomfort.
Today was bad. He woke at 7, then I started to put him for his nap about 8, he slept maybe 45 minutes and after that I could not get him to fall back asleep, so I ended up feeding him 9.30 and after this he napped for a 15-20 minutes and was so upset and did not go back to sleep. At 12 he had his lunch and after this I had to go out and he fall alseep in car and got full 2 hour nap.
Is it ok to move his feedingtimes when he do not go back to sleep? Also what to do about A times at this point? He is surely too tired to be up again after feeding. This throws all routine out of window.
~Efka~

Offline Lªuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 19:13:02 pm »
Do you have her mattress in an elevated position when she is sleeping (or trying to get her to sleep)  :-\
Lauren x

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 19:20:55 pm »
I had , but he slipped there. I had 2 position holders one each side and he in the morning he was in awkward position . Maybe I am not doing it right :-\
~Efka~

Offline Lªuren

• yummy!!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 19:22:45 pm »
Peike
I have asked for help from a relux, colic, crying mod.
Lauren
Lauren x

Offline Sam's mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • hooray for me
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 19:30:54 pm »
Hi

My DS had really bad gas and we used the drops ect with nothing seeming to work, it would wake her up out of naps and she would cry so much she would pass out from the exhaustion of passing all the gas.  In the end we have taken her to see an osteopath for cranial osteopathy and this has really helped to the point where she passes the gas without even noticing 4 weeks later.  I would highly recommend you try it, we took her at 9weeks but if we had known how beneficial it was we would have taken her much earlier as we saw at least some improvement within the first week.  There was nothing worse though than watching her cry and know we couldn't do anything to help.  We also used to lie her on her back on our knees and elevate her bum as well as using a bicyle motion on her legs (my husband would complain about the smell as it was aimed directly at his face  :o)

Hang in there - eventually it gets easier

Fiona

Offline Tonya

• Showing Appreciation 252
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 20:07:57 pm »
Hi Peike!!

I had lots of trouble with positioning in the bassinette and crib as well.  What we found worked well was to elevate the crib slightly using towels under the mattress, or books under one end of the crib legs.  They are "sliders" though, aren't they!! ::)

They make a few products these days (check Babies R Us if there is one near you) that are slightly better for holding your lo in place. (have heard good things about this sling - http://www.tuckersling.com/)

But if it's gas, there are several things you can do to help.
"Bicycling" the legs, gentle tummy massages, and simethicone drops seemed to work well at our house.  If you can, try out different bottles that either "vent" the air, or something along the lines of Playtex Nurser's, which are supposed to help amount of air that gets into belly.

There IS light at the end of the tunnel though - after their "4th Trimester", when they are 3 months old, their digestive systems seem to straighten out quite a bit, and passing gas tends to be much easier on them!!

Hope I've helped a bit!

Tonya
Mom to Nathan - "Chunky Butternut", 02/18/04
           Madison - "Princess Pea", 11/29/06

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 20:54:43 pm »
Thanx, I elevated his mattress again. He seemed to go to sleep, then start to cry again.Now we just sit here and try to be comfortable. How they make sure it is gas or reflux too?
~Efka~