Author Topic: please help - nightwakings - doesnt seem to need much but a pat but mommy does  (Read 1041 times)

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • my nugget - she melts my heart
Hey Everyone

Sounds like our kiddies our getting older and bigger - one nap - less drinking fluid - more solids!!!

Logan had his check up yesterday - 9month - and he is 21lbs still and has only grown 1cm in length!! his head I don't remember but I always am eager to hear from his orthotist what it is - the more growth he has the less time he'll need that darn helmet!!

So I was wondering I saw that some of you that have early wakers feed and put them back down?!    Logan has never slept late ever - he has only slept till 8am once!!! always awake between 5:30 and 6:30 and lately it has been 5:50 pretty consistently....I haven't been feeding him till 7 in the hopes he would sleep later and not wake from hunger because I was keeping his feeding time consistent - although it doesn't seem to have worked.....he is still and early waker whether being fed at 7 or not.  So I am wondering what does your day look like when he wakes early?? 

Logan has also been waking in the night on and off for the last 2 months - we have had some sleep throughs but not ebough to count on two hands - most of his waking is generally erratic and he isn't hungry.......... He wakes and we usually try and wait as long as we can for him to fall asleep on his own and he does more not than often!  Often if we wait the long time til he is actually crying it is harder for use to get him calmed down and back to sleep.  I don';t know how to explain his waking other than he just wakes.......makes some noises - usually calls my name and often its just a quick shhh and pat on the back and hes out again.  I would say he is waking about 3 times on average but then there are also days where he wakes more - like last night - on and off from 10:30 - 1am..........he was congested last night though and we ended up taking off his helmet and giving him motrin and vicks..........   

My routine:

wake between 5:30 and 6:30
feed 7am - bottle 6ozs on avg
solids - 7:30ish - jar full total - cereal and a fruit
nap 9:30ish - 1 - 1.5hrs
Bottle - 12pm - 6ozs
Lunch - 12:30ish - solids - jar full of veggies with some fruit and finger foods
Nap 1:30 - 2:00 (usually 1:30ish) 1- 1.5hrs
Bottle 4pm - 6ozs
Dinner 4:30 - 5:00 veggie fruit finger foods
Bath 6:15-6:30ish
Bottle  - never always the same here sometimes as little as 3ozs and sometimes the full 6
Bed at 7pm - goes down fine

Please help I would love to get rid of these wakings - I don't want to reinforce soemthing negatrive I dont think I am but not sure

Sarah

breastfed for 6 months and exclusively pumping now!!!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Hi Sarah, thought I would post back here rather than our birth thread.

A few questions... what personality type is Logan? Forgive me if you've said before.
How long has he been congested? I wonder if he's got a bit of a bug and it's affecting his sleep.
Are you feeding anything at dinner that could be causing tummy upset or gas?
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
he's not congested anymore now??!! woke this am and seemed fine?!  in the evenings i try to becareful and not feed anything that could be too gassy or upset his tummy.....this has been going on now for about two months - these kind of nightwakings - and I have changed his routine - naps are good he eats good naps appropriate amounts of time etc.,................ Logans personality tends to be hmmm textbook and a bit of grumpy.......I think if I remember correctly........ok so thanks for replying.......ttyl

sarah

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Where is his bedroom in your house? Is it possible that some noise from the street, a neighbor, etc. might be waking him?
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
The congestion may very well be teething related :) My DD is stuffy/runny right now and her to front teeth are coming through. Might he be teething?
Kimberly

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
it could be teething but these kind have been going on consistently for  almost 2 months now....... maybe its just him..... :-\

oh well - thought i should ask

sarah