Author Topic: Starting Meat  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Starting Meat
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 18:37:36 pm »
Anytime  :D
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 22:10:26 pm »
Sarah O- Thank s for the fish recipe, I'll will give it a try.  Do you then just cut it up and let them eat as a finger food.
I am just getting Ds into some more finger foods and trying to get away for the purees but ds is soooo picky he only wants and will eat purees unless it is toast or cheese.  And then he sometimes would just rather though it on the floor.  I avtually tried salmon today pureed in sweet potatoes.  No not good, he did not like that at all.
The only meal he really can't get enough of is mixed veg and chicken pureed, that s the only one without a fight.
I geuss we'll get it someday.  Can;t get eggs into him either.  or Brown beans.
what else has protein in it?
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 19:19:50 pm »
Colenliam - i don't cut up the chunks, just put it on their trays and they hold it and bite off pieces.  I hear ya about your DS's pickiness...mine will only eat finger foods that are hard, LOL so he's basically living on crackers at the moment  ::).  I'm glad I also have my DD so that I don't get totally frustrated - at least SHE's a good eater, LOL!

Have you tried mixing tofu into his food?  Even my picky DS tolerates that particular protein.  If you wanted to try something crazy, my sister's baby girl wouldn't eat meat at all so on her ped's recommendation she gave her SARDINES!!!  They're full of iron and protein but of course they are also very salty so you want to serve them in moderation...my little niece LOVED her sardines!!!  I almost tossed my cookies watching her eat them but thought I'd mention it.

Good luck!!

Sarah

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 04:40:09 am »
I might try the tofu thing but I don't know if I can handle to sardines.
I hate fish and I can't stand the smell of it, but I know that I still have to offer it to DS, but I don't know if I could handle sardines, maybe dp or MIL can do that ;)
Yeah, I gotta try some new things, need new meal ideas for him.