Author Topic: wi/wo Q 4 henrysmama  (Read 599 times)

Offline Ruggie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« on: May 25, 2006, 08:24:01 am »
I have been reading your posts with sunsmile and colesmom regarding wi/wo. I am thinking of using it for 18mo DS.

He settles perfectly everynight, he climbs into his own bed  by himself and we turn out the light and leave the room. He would be asleep within minutes.
He takes 1 nap a day at around mid day for 2-3 hours. He uses a dummy, that is his cue for nap only.
However, he wakes at the anytime between 4:30-5:30. We use to give him the dummy to go back to sleep, but this habit was stopped when he was 12 month old (took us 1 week). Since the arrival with DS #2 (plus being sick before for 2 weeks all at the same time) he has started waking again at the 4:30-5:30 and now that he knows to ask for the dummy he would not settle til he gets it.
Its accidental parenting on our part since we were too tired to deal with him properly when DS#2 first came home. Its now been 6 weeks.

Should I think about getting rid off the dummy all together? Something I am not looking forward to since he uses it to nap and its my only rest time when he is down for 2-3 hours.
Can wi/wo helps with the early wakings despite him asking for his dummy? Although I am starting to noticed that even the dummy is not sending him back to sleep some mornings and we have to start our day at 5, which throws the mid-day nap slightly out of whack. No matter what happens in his day, we still keeping his bedtime routine the same and at the same time. and he still settle fine every night.

Would love to hear your answers and anyone else who have had similar experience.
Loanne
Domestic Goddess