Author Topic: At my Wits End!!!!  (Read 1081 times)

Offline kellyann

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
At my Wits End!!!!
« on: May 25, 2006, 14:27:56 pm »
Hi ....I know this is an old topic but I'm at my wits end here!  My boys once again are waking up at 500am and wanting to nap at 900am.   :o  They have been on this roller coaster for as long as I can remember.  We will have a good week with a nice schedule and then BAM everything goes to pot.  I try my best to keep them up but I had to give in this morning and lay them down at 900am.  Has anyone else experienced this and survived?  I'm so exhausted and not to mention we can't participate in playgroups because they have to go down for a nap or if I try to keep them up they are a wreck.  The boys have been working on their 2nd molars for over a month now so I'm sure it is related.  Please somebody give me some encouraging words.
Kelly
Kelly :)

Mom to twin boys-
Brandon Thomas  7/2/04
Brayden James    7/2/04

Offline alyssa1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 15:08:53 pm »
I too am experiencing the same thing. Last week my son (16months) was on a pretty great schedule and then this week - crap!  Yesterday he woke up at 5:15am - yikes.  We hope for 6am and if it's a really great morning 6:30am.  My son as well will want to nap at 8:30/9am when this happens but we try to hold him off till at least 9:30/10am because then the cycle starts again - we also keep this nap short so he can get in an afternoon nap.  I hate this as well - we have been going through it for 3months now and I'm hoping it will end soon and he will get to the one nap.  The one thing that we did decide on was keeping a bedtime at 7-7:30pm no matter what.  Before we were fluctuating this based on day sleep but that was causing lots of early mornings as he only sleeps 11 hours or less a night.  Last night 7:20pm - up this morning 6:20am - If I put him down at night early, he is up early.  Is it the same for you?  I figured if I can keep one thing consistent maybe that will help the rest??? Who knows - I too hope things will get better for you and me.  How old are your boys?  They are so cute in the tub.  It sounds like you are in the same 2-1 nap thing as I am - it's hard!!!!  There must be light at the end of the tunnel though. :)

Offline Harrisonsmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 17
Re: At my Wits End!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 18:08:28 pm »
On a 5am wake-up what is their schedule? What time are they going to bed? Harrison only sleeps max 10.5 hours, so early to bed early to rise!

When Harrison does 5.30am, I generally keep him on track, 5am and I give him a 30 minute catnap as early as I can, then try and get him to nap again as close to "normal" time of 12.30pm as possible to keep bedtime the same.

Offline Cari

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Bailey 3 years old ~ Torrance 2 years old
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 19:45:37 pm »
This 2 to 1 nap thing is driving my crazy!  My daughter wakes at a decent hour 6:30am and wants her morning nap at 9:30/10:00am.  She only sleep an hour, and then refuses to take an afternoon nap.  She is up there screaming right now!  I put her down about 2:00/2:30, and she talks and plays for an hour and then starts screaming.  I try to leave her to see if she will fall asleep, but she never does and we both end up upset.  She is 15 months, is anyone else fighting their afternoon nap.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated ~ I am going mad!

Offline kellyann

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: At my Wits End!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 23:40:36 pm »
Thanks for your replies.  Usually when they wake at 5:00am , I try and keep them awake until 11:00am and they will nap for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.  Then I will put them to bed at 7pm or earlier.  Sometimes they talk in there for up to an hour and other times they go right to sleep.  Some  days I can only keep them up until 10:30 am so I will put them down at 6:30pm.  Today was odd because I laid them down at 9:00am and Brayden slept until 1:00pm.  Brandon was up at 11:00 am.  I tried to lay him down at 6:00pm but he didn't fall asleep until 7:00pm.  I'll see how tonight goes and maybe I will just give them a cat nap and then try the regular nap time as well. They have been on 1 nap since 16 months (23 months next week).    Wish me luck!
Kelly :)

Mom to twin boys-
Brandon Thomas  7/2/04
Brayden James    7/2/04