Author Topic: sleeping through the night  (Read 4340 times)

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: sleeping through the night
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 19:30:59 pm »
i think the next thing you might want to  work on is getting lo to go to sleep on his own. if he can soothe himself to sleep hopefully that other waking he will be able to soothe himself back to sleep too. whatever you feel you can handle though...remember as tracy has said 'start as you mean to go'..

congrats on the accomplishment hope things continue to move forward!! :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline nicolanorway

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • mum to christian
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2006, 10:52:18 am »
how would one go about doing that? do you mean, that we should start PU/pd with him? i really don't think i have the nerves for that. during the night he awoke at 5ish, i gave him one breast and he fell back to sleep. at 6.20am, we heard him on the baby monitor and i sent my husband in to get him back too sleep. he came back 30secs later and christian had fallen back to sleep on his own. needless to say we were very shocked. he then woke at 7.50am, i will have to start setting my alarm for 7am!!!! we haven't been teaching him to self-soothe, so i think this was a fluk. a happy fluk. 
[u rl=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline teezee

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2006, 14:12:52 pm »
i am sorry if you have mentioned this but are  you swaddling lo? maybe an aussie swaddle would help also??

you should break the nursing to sleep association or when lo wakes at night he will expect to get fed kwim? imo i would try settling in the crib (at all costs) for night wakings and if lo wakes within the hr - feed as he is hungry - if he sleeps longer than you know that waking wasn't hunger related. just keep up with shh / pat or just one or the other - it may take some time at first but will pay off in the end :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2006, 14:15:03 pm »
also - be consistant with whatever you choose to do - as tracy says start as you mean to go!

oh and could it be that without having all the caffeine lo is just waking out of habit? and maybe that's why he was able to put himself back to bed last night??..b/c he wasn't uncomfortable?
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005