Author Topic: Going back down from 4hr to 3 hr EASY  (Read 1044 times)

Offline KDawn

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Going back down from 4hr to 3 hr EASY
« on: May 25, 2006, 19:32:56 pm »
Hello, dd will be 5 mos old this weekend.  About a month ago we started transitining from a 3 to 4 hr easy, went pretty well.  First stretch in am is around 3 1/2 hrs, then the next stretch is 4 hrs.  After that is  at least 3 hrs, which mkakes it around 6 pm.  This seemed fine.  She also eats rice cereal twice a day now, at dinner and supper.  For the past week she has gone back to eating every 3 hrs, even with the cereal.  Could this be growth spurt?  Her other growth spurts came like clockwork, and I definately knew when she hit one!  She is exclusively bf.  Also, she isn/t any hungrier at night, her 6pm feeds lasts her till 12:30 am, and the she has a moderate feed and back to bed.  Her next feed is 7 -7:30 am.  With the eating being out of whack, so have her daytime naps.  I'm at a loss of what to do.

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Going back down from 4hr to 3 hr EASY
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 20:41:25 pm »
Would you mind to post your full routine?  Sounds like she needs a change somewhere.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline KDawn

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Going back down from 4hr to 3 hr EASY
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 21:26:09 pm »
Hi, thanks for trying to help, our routine is something like this:  E 7 /7:30am
                                                                                       A 1 1/2
                                                                                       S 8:30 /9 for 1 - 1/12hrs
                                                                                       E 11:00, and cereal @ 12ish
                                                                                       A for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs
                                                                                       S 12:30 -/1 for 2 to 3 hrs
                                                                                       E 2:30 / 3
                                                                                       A 1 1/2 hrs
                                                                                       S 4:30 quick nap for about 1/2 hr
                                                                                       E 5:30/6, cereal @ 6:30
                                                                                       gets ready for bed and is sleeping no later than 7(no earlier than 6:40)
                                                                                       E 12:30ish am
That was our routine and seemed to be working, for a while her night sleeping was awful.  We assumed it was because of 4 mo needles, teething, and stupid soother!  Her night times are pretty good again, usually wakes around 4:30, which is what time the sun rises here, but we don't get her out of bed till 7ish.  Could it maybe her naps this week affecting her eating, becuase we've been on the go, and I've also been working lots so she is constantly moving around with me.  Today her schedule looks nothing like I posted above, she ate at 7, 10:15, 1:30 and napped at 8 for 1hr 15min, 11 for 2 hrs, and is now back in bed at 3.  Hopefullly this makes sense.  I know you aren't supposd to give cereal till 6 mos, but she seemed ready, even though she is petite for her age.  She did get some gas, but it seems she is hungrier now that she is eating her cereal.  Weird.