Author Topic: Right place to use wake to sleep  (Read 924 times)

Offline melulla

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 25, 2006, 20:09:15 pm »
Im sorry if this has been covered before but i cant find the post!!. HOpefully someone can help. My lo is 10 weeks old and feeds on average every three hours during the day. He naps well and is given his last feed at 9 in the evening. Up until 2 weeks ago he has needed two feeeds at night. Since then this has dropped to one which i usually give him between three and four. He then wakes for the day between six and seven.
 I am absolutely delighted as am exalusively BF and never thought he would be down to one night feed so soon. The difficulty im now having is that for the past 6 nights he is waking between half one and two. When i go in i usually have to re-swaddle an arm or pop his soother in. It can take up to 15 mins for him to get back to sleep. He seems to now have gotten into the habit of doing this. I dont feel he is hungry as he settles so quickly. As i said he just seems to have developed a pattern. I have a rough idea of how wake to sleep works. Could somenone telll me if this is a situation i could use it in and give me some advice on how to go about it,
Thanks in advance
Melulla
xx

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Right place to use wake to sleep
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 16:05:16 pm »
ok well if lo settles for you and sleeps past an hr chances are it isn't hunger. if lo wakes within the hr after being settled than safe to say lo is hungry and feed. now there is a 3 month growth spurt coming up so be prepared for that.

if lo is waking at the same time every night then it prob is habit also - so if you want to try w2s go into lo's room an hr before the usual wakiing and just rub the belly or something to STIR lo  - not actually wake. do this for a few days and it 'should' do the trick.

hth! good luck!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005