Author Topic: Feeding routine for 10-12months  (Read 98886 times)

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Feeding routine for 10-12months
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 08:43:37 am »
Here is our at 10.5months

0730 10oz milk
0800 Breakfast - fruit and 1/2 weetabix and milk
snack
1200 lunch - this varies from macaroni cheese, thick soup, pasta, risotto, sandwich, meat/fish and 2 or 3 veg..... with 2 x 60ml yogurts and sometimes fruit
snack
1600 dinner - this varies from macaroni cheese, thick soup, pasta, risotto, sandwich, meat/fish and 2 or 3 veg ....sometimes with 60ml yogurt
1900 14oz milk

Lauren
Lauren x

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 10:05:55 am »
Thought i would post ours at 12months especially since we no longer have anymore bottles.

7.30am - 1/4cup oats mixed with 4ozs milk or 1.5 weetbixs mixed with fruit and 4ozs milk. Big handful of cheerios and 7ozs milk in her cup.
10am - Snack rest of milk from the morning,cheese stick.
11.30am - either: sandwich,soup.tin spagetti/bake beans,scrambled egg. 120g tub yoghurt and water in a cup.
3pm - 120g fruit and fruit stick. Water in a cup.
5/5.30pm - usually what we have. At least 2 vege,pasta/rice and meat total 1/2cup. 1/2cup dessert jelly&custard or pudding. 7ozs milk in a cup
6.45pm - Rest of milk.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 10:30:30 am »
6.30 bottle (10oz)
08.00 breakfast (cereal, milk, fruit) usually the size of a 4 month jar KWIM
12.00 lunch one big jar of a baby meal (sometimes baught sometimes homemade)
04.00 snack (toast or fruit or veg fingerfood)
06.30 bottle (10oz with a spoonfull of porridge in it)

Offline samandsmudge

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • matthew was born on the 15th october 2005
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2006, 14:03:35 pm »
Matthew is 11 months and this is our routine.

7.00am 9oz bottle and a bowl of porridge with fruit or 1 weetabix
12.00am 1jar or homemade and pudding with some fingerfood
5.00pm same as lunch
6.30 9oz bottle
7.00 bed

Offline jforget

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 16:09:34 pm »
Our ds is 10.5 months and this is his routine, more or less.  I'm trying to work on giving him more finger foods, or diced foods, but he seems to like taking everything but bread off a spoon!

~615/630 - 6oz formula
~700/725 - 1/2 Cup baby cereal w. ~ 2-3 tbsp fruit mixed in (use about 1-2oz of formula in cereal)
~1000 - 6oz formula
~1130 - 1/2 Cup meat/veggie meal of some description.  Either bottled or homemade.
         - 1/4 cup fruit or yogurt
~1400 - 6oz formula
~1500 - snack of a baby mum-mum, bread stick, pita....varies
~1700 - 1/2 Cup meat/veggie mix, or 1/2 pasta/cheese meal.  Tends to vary.
          - 1/4 cup fruit or yogurt.
         - has cheerios or pita bread to start off with.
~1830 - 6oz formula and to bed he goes until ~ 0600 the next morning (cross fingers)

He also has water from a sippy cup at just about every meal -- he loves water!! 

Offline rosie and joe's mummy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • baby joe
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 08:54:07 am »
rosie isn't quite 10 months but here's what we do:

6.30am BF
8.00am breakfast - cereal with fruit or toast fingers and fruit and a few Oz of milk in a sippy
10.30am snack - water in a sippy, bit of fruit (like 1/4 of a banana) and a biscuit
12.30 lunch - sandwich or 1/2 jar of baby meal or pasta and sauce (homemade) followed by fruit/yogurt/pudding and a biscuit, and sippy of water
3.00pm snack - biscuit and fruit with a sippy of milk
5.00pm dinner - 1/2 jar of baby meal, or homemade dinner, fingerfoods like cooked veg, pieces of bread etc, followed by fruit/yogurt/pudding and with a sippy of water
7pm BF before bed.
rosie - 12/12/05
Joe 17/03/08

breastfed angel babies!

Offline sofiasmommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Oh how we love this little girl!
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 16:56:35 pm »
Ok before I post our feeding routine I have a question! What types of cheese are okay to give the little ones right now. Sofia is just about 10.5 months old. She bfs 3 times a day and has one yogurt (4oz) a day, but I am wondering if that is enough calcium for her????

Here is our feeding schedule:
6:30 am BF
8:30 am Breakfast - 1/4 cup oatmeal mixed with water and 3-4 oz of fruit (water or juice in sippy cup)
10:30 am Snack - Yogurt (water or juice in sippy cup)
12:30 pm Lunch - 3 cubes of veggies and 1 cube of meat (water or juice in sippy cup)
2:30pm BF
4:30 pm Dinner - 1/4 cup of rice cereal with 1 fruit cube mixed in, 3 cubes of veggies and 1 cube of meat
6:30 BF

Does it look like she is getting all the nutrients and food groups she needs? All of her fruit and veggies has tofu mixed into them to get her more protein. She also still has not a huge interest in foods that are not pureed! :( So we do cheerios for finger foods, but that is about it! I'd love to have her start some cheese as finger foods.

I appreciate anyones help here!!!
TIA!
KATI

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyybu7o/]

[/u

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 18:33:42 pm »
It sounds like to me she is eating plenty.  3 BF's and a yogurt is a lot of calcium, so I don't think you have anything to worry about at all.

And her solid intake looks great.

I wish my son would have eaten this much.  He is 14 mos old now and eats about 1/2 what your lo eats. 

I think you are doing great.  Try some cut of cheese or teh cheese crumbles they make now (in the U.S) or even string cheese is good.

* And just a though, you could always add some cream cheese or cheese in her puree.

Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline sofiasmommy

• BW Devotee
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 20:30:53 pm »
Thanks soooo  much Wendy! I needed to hear that!! I feel better now! :) THANK YOU!!!

[/u

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2006, 00:12:58 am »
You are so welcome.  BTW, I got some information from a friend today that took her son to a feeding clinic (at teh Childrens Hospital) and we are supposed to take my son also.  Anyhow they told her that even if her son did not drink milk, but ate cheese and yogurt everyday, he would be fine.

Trust me your lo is doing really really good compared to mine and a lot of people. 

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline 2peasinapod

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 02:55:08 am »
Rosie's mom-
Your routine sounds a lot like mine, but it looks like you only BF twice a day- is that right?  I'm trying to figure out whether our routine is working because our doctor says that my girls are low weight for their age... but I just can't seem to get them to eat any more than they do.  We currently nurse 3 times a day, but I am supposed to add another nursing time in.  How?  I they don't want it?
Thanks!

Offline sofiasmommy

• BW Devotee
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 05:10:38 am »
Thanks again, Wendy!! :)

2peasinapod...how much do your little ones weigh? Mine was only 13 lbs at her 9 month appointment and her doctor felt she was doing fine. Just gaining slowly....She is now 10 months and up to about 16 lbs....I was under the impression that as long as they are gaining they are okay......but if their doc said differently...I am not sure how to make them eat when they don't want to! Maybe try whole milk yogurt? Mine LOVES Yo Baby Organic yogurt.......just some thoughts.....Oh yea, I TOTALLY admire you for nursing two babies!! WOW!! One is still hard enough over here! :)

[/u

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • baby joe
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2006, 16:06:33 pm »
Rosie's mom-
Your routine sounds a lot like mine, but it looks like you only BF twice a day- is that right?  I'm trying to figure out whether our routine is working because our doctor says that my girls are low weight for their age... but I just can't seem to get them to eat any more than they do.  We currently nurse 3 times a day, but I am supposed to add another nursing time in.  How?  I they don't want it?
Thanks!

sometimes rosie "asks" for a third feed but yes we only nurse twice on most days.

she does get milk in her food, cheese and yogurt though as extra calcium.

rosie is small for her age too, but she's well in proportion and has always been small so i don't worry too much.

if they don't want extra nursing sessions and you need to get more calories in, then you need to look at the calorie content of what they eat as solids. if it's mostly fruits and vegetables then they need more carbs and fats.  rose gets rice or pasta  in her dinner, sometimes potato, or bread as well.
rosie - 12/12/05
Joe 17/03/08

breastfed angel babies!

Offline 2peasinapod

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 17:38:41 pm »
Sofiasmommy-  both of the girls were around 13 lbs at their 9 month check up.  We meet with a lactation consultant this past week who wants to do another weight check this week.  They both gained 1-2 ounces last week, so I know they are gaining. 
They are mainly eating fruits and veggies and yo baby yogurt.  I'll try to increase the carbs and fats.  They don't have teeth yet so I have been afraid to try bread and other chunky foods, but I know they can mash things with  their gums... so it is worth a try.

Thanks Rosies mom for the encouragement for nursing twins.  I didn't think I could do it this long, but I am so thankful I am.  I think our doctor and the lactation consultant are concerned that their slow weight increase is because my supply is not holding up.  They seem satisfied though.

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • baby joe
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2006, 18:03:32 pm »
rosie has only just this week developed her first 2 teeth. She's been on pieces of bread, toast and biscuits for about 6 weeks now i think.  she will eat tiny tiny sandwiches with soft fillings - sometimes i put pureed veg/fruit in, or soft cheese, toast is only lightly toasted (not dark brown)  and buttered with unsalted butter (more calories too here!!) and chopped into little squares about 1/2 inch size.

pasta is great because you can cook it really soft, as with rice too.

basically the rule of thumb is anything you can mash with a fork they can mash in their mouths.

I would expect twins to be smaller anyway, and often (not always) breastfed babies are smaller than their bottlefed counterparts. 

just noticed they were born a day after rosie!
rosie - 12/12/05
Joe 17/03/08

breastfed angel babies!