Author Topic: Only asleep 30 MINUTES!!!  (Read 1165 times)

Offline shelliz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
  • Shelby - mom to two fabulous kids!
Only asleep 30 MINUTES!!!
« on: May 27, 2006, 00:37:41 am »
All of the sudden my dd has started waking only 30 minutes after I put her down at night. She has been on 4 hr easy and goes to bed by 7:00 and normally wakes at 6:30 or 7:00. I don't think she is teething yet (no swollen gums or fever) and it doesn't SEEM like she should be over tired. Here is her schedule:

7:00 wake, BF
8:00 solids
9:00 Nap (1 1/2 hrs)
11:30 solids
1:30 nap (1 1/2 hrs)
4:00 solids
6:15 bath then BF
7:00 nite nite

She hasn't been taking the catnap on a regular basis for about 2 weeks now.  I was attempting to phase out the DF, but got some advice from TeeZee to phase out her 3:00 waking/feed before the DF. (I posted asking which one to phase out first). I haven't begun attempting to phase out 3:00 waking just yet b/c all of the sudden she has begun waking 30 minutes after being put down for the night and sometimes again at 1:00.  When she wakes like this it has been taking us about a HOUR to get her back to sleep. I don't understand what it going on?? Any ideas?[

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: Only asleep 30 MINUTES!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 01:08:43 am »
Big {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}} Shelby

I am so sorry for your rough times.  Is Jessica still and going down ok for naps?  Just to clarify, when else is she getting bf during the day?  You only listed them at wake and bedtime.

Did she seem to have a 6 month growth spurt... I know it would be really late for that, but you never know... especially she she started waking at 1.  Have you tried wake to sleep for the 1 am (is it always close to 1, like clockwork, or more eratic?).

I know for Jalyn, the waking 30 minutes into nap/bed means overtired for her.  This might sound crazy (thinking out loud here... this is where the phone comes in handy  ;) ) could she handle more A time in the morning, going down for a nap at 9:30 instead.  Then A 11-2?

Again, big {{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}} hang in there!  Can DH take a night to help?  Wear earplugs that night so you can get some rest too.

~RAchel

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline shelliz

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 01:17:20 am »
Thanks Rachel...

She BF at 7:00, 11:00, 3:00 and then before bed around 6:45.  I could try to stretch her A time in the morning a bit. It will be hard b/c she is soooo ready after 2 hrs.  Jessica goes down beautifully for her naps. Usually not crying/fussing at all. I have never ever noticed a growth spurt for her. I have never noticed a huge increase in appetite. Not sure what else to look for in regards to growth spurts. I tried w2s about two months ago w/ not much success. I could muster up the courage to try it again. Yes...she usually wakes right around 1:00 and 3:00 on the dot!
 My first inclination on her waking 30 min after putting her to bed was being overtired. I just don't see how she would need to go to bed EVEN earlier. Maybe she does though since she isn't taking a catnap. I guess that is like 4-5 hrs of wake time before bed. DH does help at night. He is really good about that.

I think I will try to stretch her A time in the morning. We will see if that works. 

Offline Isaac's_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 01:27:42 am »
I replied in the Sept/Oct thread, but I just wanted to add that she may be teething and fussiness may be her only sympton. Isaac never got a fever or swollen gums. He would just cry at night and we couldn't comfort him one bit. I would just hold him and try to calm him down enough to puttl some orajell on his gums and give him some motrin.
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 01:57:15 am »
Shelby, I would try wake to sleep at night.  Set your alarm (or rather, DH's alarm) for 12 and go in and stir her, just enough to get her into a different sleep cycle.  Just work with one (it might rearrange her sleep cycles enough to knock out the other one... you never know).  Do this for 3 nights.  It worked wonders with Jalyn.  I am sending sleep vibes your way ~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Rachel

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline shelliz

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 02:05:57 am »
I am gonna try it for 3 nights!! We shall see what happens!! Thank you, thank you, thank you ladies!