Author Topic: Won't eat anymore  (Read 1045 times)

Offline lindsayo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Won't eat anymore
« on: May 27, 2006, 12:08:00 pm »
Can someone help with my 16 month old?  Dylan has always been a good eater when we were weaning him but recently he doesn't want to eat any solid food except finger food (cheese etc).  Does anyone have any tips for good things to offer him?   My husband and I work full time so don't have too much time to prepare dishes each day so quick and easy foods would be great.  Thank you!!!

Offline mari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
Re: Won't eat anymore
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 13:20:47 pm »
Excactly the same happened to my daughter at 14 months.  It always happened with a bad teething bout and she has had many of those recently as her back teeth are coming through.  She won't allow me to feed her but she is happy to feed herself, I now sit her in her high chair up to the table with us whilst we are having meals and chop her food for her and she used a fork brilliantly now although she still likes to use her hands.  This is the only way that she will eat.  She has virtually everything that we eat now.  She had Spaghetti Bolognese the other day too!!!  No problem with a plastic bid from head to toe and a large mat under her chair.  I remember that I had to do this with my son too and he is now are very good eater, no problems, he eats everything and plenty of it, not a fussy eater like many of his friends!