Author Topic: Not enought sleep at night - can he make it up in the day?  (Read 919 times)

Offline **Clare**

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 134
Hi there, I has been posting on the pu/pd board but have a query about something regarding sleep/naps but probably not PU/PD! (I hope!)

Today my lo woke at 6 am after only 10 hours sleep, usually he has 12 but due to a late night because of a party we attended and also an early wake up.  He then went back to bed at 8.20 for 2 hours... his quota for the day is usually 2 hours but I cant expect him to go from 10.20 till bedtime! My question is due to the lost sleep in the night is it ok for him to make it up in the day?

Hope this makes sense! (By the way he is 11 months!)

Clare xx

Offline **Clare**

Re: Not enought sleep at night - can he make it up in the day?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 21:21:48 pm »
Yeah thanks, that really makes sense! I feel better now, he ended up with a total of 2 naps equalling 3.5 hours and I felt awkward letting him do this, he did go to bed abit later as a result but only an hour later, hopefully it will sort itself out tonight, i guess we'll see! So... if he wakes early tomorrow let him have a short nap in the am? half hour or an hour? And then a longer one in the afternoon? Is this right?! Its late and I'm struggling to get my head round things tonight!!

Thanks again for your advice! xxx

Offline **Clare**

Re: Not enought sleep at night - can he make it up in the day?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 08:35:28 am »
Thats great, thank you.  He woke up at 7 this morning and as yet has showed no signs of tiredness so looks like hes back to his old routine as he usually goes down at 10 ish!  So I'm guessing as he didn't get up to early and has had a reasonable amount of sleep during the night hes okay to have his hours kip this morning?!

Thanks again, your a star!!

xxx