Author Topic: 2 month old has a cold.... help!!!....updated - turned out to be RSV  (Read 8268 times)

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: 2 month old has a cold.... help!!!....updated - turned out to be RSV
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 09:37:39 am »
Leigh
Had his symptoms not changed or did he get worse that you had to take him to hospital?

I have added this RSV link incase anyone is interested.  http://www.rsvinfo.com/
Lauren x

Offline Kyles_mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • DS Kyle
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 11:29:01 am »
His symptoms seem to get worse. he went from a cough  and stuffy nose to to a rattle in his chest and weezing.  When the third day of throwing up started, I took him to the Dr. because I was worried he might be dehydrated or lost weight.  It turned out that he was not dehydrated but they gave him sugar water anyway and he was the same weight he was on Friday.  But they did an ex-ray and a nasal test and found out he had a mild case of the RSV virus.  I am glad that I took him to the Dr. because I never would have forgiven myself if it turned out worse.  But he still has a bit of a cough and a stuffy nose, but not as bad and the rattle seems to be gone.  They would not give him any antibiotics because he is so young.  But during the 24 hour observation, his oxygen levels stayed really good so they let us go home the next day.  What a relief.   Anyway thanks for the hugs....  It just shows that mothers intuition.  If you think something is wrong go to the hospital anyway.  It better to be safe then sorry.  What I though was a common cold turned out to be something that could have been much more serious. 

Leigh
I love being a Mom!!!

andibig

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 14:17:08 pm »
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
hope LO feeling much better soon. DD had this at 6 months and its horrible. RSV-respiratory syndrome virus (i think)!!  went on for about 3 wks

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 14:22:57 pm »
My ds had RSV at 6 months.  I know how scary it can be!!

Glad they caught it and now they can make him better!

You are a good mommy for being observant and taking him in.

Good luck!

Judy