Author Topic: Night waking 4 -5 am!!!  (Read 828 times)

Offline nicabery

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Night waking 4 -5 am!!!
« on: May 28, 2006, 20:42:39 pm »
My DS is 7.5 months old and was a 7-7 sleeper. In the past month or so he has had teethed and we've moved house. Although he seems settled etc he has been waking up between 3.45 and 5 am for the past 2 weeks or so. We had a batch of a couple of days where he slept through but the past 4 nights have been unsettled. When he wakes up he is usually crying ( he isn't a crier) and on his tummy ( practising crawling!) I go in and soothe him, doing a version of PU/PD and once I feel him relax, I put him down and he goes back in to a deep sleep. Foes anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can break this habit. He's not hungry or in pain but somehow needs the reassurance to settle. I'm a bit of a wreck having been diagnosed with PP depression about 2 months ago and feel down again ( mostly because I'm exhausted)
All suggestions are gratefully received
Nic

Offline Idahomom

• -Jen-
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
Re: Night waking 4 -5 am!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 20:51:04 pm »
It could be he is waking up to crawl, as you mentioned, or separation anxiety, both will pass soon.  DS is a little older than your LO and he recently started having separation anxiety at night, lasted for about 4 nights, then gone.  He is also a 7-7 sleeper.  The only reasons he has ever woken at night were teething when the teeth actually poked through the gums, waking up to practice crawling, waking to practice standing, separation anxiety.  The only way I could tell it was separation anxiety was that he cried the same way as during the day when I would go out of sight.  As soon as I came in his room and layed him back down he went back to sleep for the rest of the night, except for one night in the middle when he woke twice.  The only difference is DS was waking at about 10pm, not early morning.  Do you have blackout shades in his room?  It could be early morning light.  We put a piece of cardboard in both windows and it is totally dark in DS's room.  HTH

*ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig*