Author Topic: done w/ dreamfeed????  (Read 1535 times)

Offline newmommyl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 29, 2006, 13:15:55 pm »
I read the dreamfeeding FAQ's thread but i still would like to get some advice from you all out there :0)  My daughter will be 3 mos this week and has been doing the dream feed successfully for about a month or so.  Lately she has been fussy during it, turning her head and usually not taking  the whole amount (4 oz) only an ounce or so.  She's also waking up!!!!!!  It doesn't take much for her to go back to sleep but she used to be sound during and after the df.  My question is...is she done?  Should i keep trying or am i waking her up too much.  She has also just started sleeping thru the night or at least going all night w/o a feed and i DO NOT want to mess that up!  i know i should probably just try it and see, but i'm nervous of course!  Does anyone have any advice or have had a similar exp?  Thanks :0)

Offline andrea21

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • My 2 boys...
Re: done w/ dreamfeed????
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 13:55:40 pm »
Hi!!

I no what you mean about not wanting to wreck a new thing.At 3.5months I put my DS on to the bottle and he had been sleeping thru since he was 7 weeks old.After a few days on the bottle he started to wake up,then got use to it and hasn't woke up since.
This is his feeding routine since 4 months and same amount of formula too.
7,11,3,5.30pm,7.30pm bed then until next morning.He has 210mls every feed.

Hope this might help you...

Offline Lªuren

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 19:02:28 pm »
She's also waking up!!!!!!  It doesn't take much for her to go back to sleep but she used to be sound during and after the df.  My question is...is she done?  Should i keep trying or am i waking her up too much.  She has also just started sleeping thru the night or at least going all night w/o a feed and i DO NOT want to mess that up!  i know i should probably just try it and see, but i'm nervous of course!  Does anyone have any advice or have had a similar exp?  Thanks :0)

What time are you doing the DF? If she is waking try and go in 15min earlier and do it. 

have to go screaming baby....
Lauren x

Offline newmommyl

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 13:05:53 pm »
thank you all i appreciate your feedback!  i'm definitely going to stick w/ it. last night she took the whole bottle!  i am also goign to try going in earlier. i've been pushing it to closer to 11 some nights and maybe i should stick to btwn 10 and 10:30, what do you think?  she's asleep for bedtime usually around 7-7:30.  Also, does anyone think 6:30 is just way too early a bedtime???? my daughter hits witching hour at 6:30 almost every day regardless of how good her naps have been.  so we just put her down and she almost always stays down for the night. 

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 13:22:37 pm »
I'd suggest sticking with it, try giving it 15 minutes before you usually do and she'll be in a different stage of sleep, and therefore may sleep through it. 6:30 is NOT to early a bedtime its PERFICT! between 6:30 and 7 is the best time to get your LO down and prevent overtiredness. My DD started going down for 7pm at about 10 weeks and its the best thing that ever happend to us.
Kimberly

Offline Nay - Mateo's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 22
  • Spirited Angel...Ontario, Canada
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 13:41:44 pm »
Hello.

We still DF, and sometimes, Mateo wants nothing to do with it, other times he can't get enough. (We BF)
So I don't take it personally, we just go with the flow, if he's not interested, I just put him back down, and that's that.

As for 6:30 being too early. No way! Mateo sleeps anywhere between 6:30 (if he has no catnap) or latest by 7:30.

Good luck.

Offline newmommyl

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 23:16:02 pm »
thanks again!  i love how you said (mateo's mom) that you don't take it personally!  lol!  it's so hard not to somedays...but that's a great reminder.  they do have little minds of their own don't they  ;D

Offline Nay - Mateo's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 22
  • Spirited Angel...Ontario, Canada
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 23:18:57 pm »
Oh you're welcome! hahahaha ;D
That not taking it personally bit is a hard lesson to learn. I used to cry and cry over little things, like why he wanted to be held by DH and not me... but now, like you said, it's clear he has a little mind of his own.

Take care,
Nay