Author Topic: Introducing Egg and Seeds  (Read 1142 times)

Offline squeaky's mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 24
  • Sophie and Tom
Introducing Egg and Seeds
« on: May 29, 2006, 13:23:01 pm »
Hi,

DD has an allergy to milk and we are being careful about intrducing new foods to her. She is coming up to a year. Will it be ok to introduce egg and seeds to her diet?

Thanks

Claire
Claire

Mum to Sophie (08/07/2005) and Tom (09/02/2008)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Introducing Egg and Seeds
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 13:57:48 pm »
I would hold off on seeds a bit longer. Maybe try a bit of egg - but check with your Ped first. Plus it might be helpful to know if she has an egg allergy before receiving the MMR vaccine (egg based). You say she has a milk allergy - how was that diagnosed and what were her symptoms?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline squeaky's mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 24
  • Sophie and Tom
Re: Introducing Egg and Seeds
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 16:14:17 pm »
Thanks

She has eczema that has responded really well to a dairy free diet and if you place milk on her skin she comes up with a stinging nettle type of rash. However, this doesn't happen with milk and cheese. No digestive problems in either case though as far as I am aware. I have tried introducing yoghurt but it is impossible to tell whether it is affecting her eczema as it fluctuates so much anyway. I decided to hold off for a few more months as it can't do any harm (she is still bf 4 times a day).

What are the general guidelines for seeds?

Claire

Claire

Mum to Sophie (08/07/2005) and Tom (09/02/2008)