Author Topic: formula feeding schedule 10 1/2 week old  (Read 1934 times)

Offline newmomdi

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
formula feeding schedule 10 1/2 week old
« on: May 29, 2006, 21:28:39 pm »
Hi there!!  i am new to this site and i think it is great!  I use Baby whisperer for nap time and getting her to go to sleep has been much easier.  I am now battling the 45 minute sleep cycle with her naps and it is driving me crazy!  My question however, is for someone to look at my feeding schedule now and let me know what they think.  My LO is a reflux baby, maxed out on prevacid dose twice a day and is like an entirely new baby.  She was never one to spit up, she had the acid coming up and burning then going back down.  it made for a very difficult first 6 1/2 weeks of her life.  I have her on a 4 hour feeding schedule.  7,11,3,7, and dream feed between 10:30 and 11pm.  She seems to do well on this, although according to the book she is too young to be on every 4 hours.  She sleeps for naps anywhere from 1 1/2 -2 1/2 hours for morning and afternoon, then takes a shorter nap in the evening around 45 min.  I put her to bed at 8 and she usually is settled and asleep by 8:30- 8:45.  During the dream feed she is sleeping, but usually takes almost the entire bottle.  She now takes anywhere from 5 3/4- 6 1/4 oz each feed and is gaining weight well.  She wakes at 4:30-4:45 am takes anywhere from 2-3 oz and then goes back to sleep until I wake her at 7 again.  Not too bad I know, but I just want to make sure I am not trying to rush things.  She has been doing well on this schedule for several weeks now and I would hate to change her up.  Feedings can sometimes be very difficult with her reflux, burping is always an adventure!  I feel as if I would be going backwards if I changed her back to a 3 hour schedule.  She also can not eat for 30 minutes after she receives the prevacid, so sometimes scheduling can be difficult.  She is a very happy baby now and aside from the stupid 45 minute sleep cycles appears to be doing well!  I just wanted thoughts on what I am doing with her!!  Thank you so much!! 
P.S. I am now going to start trying the wake to sleep for her naps, today she woke both naps at exactly 45 minutes, I was able to get her to go back for both after soothing in the crib and giving her the paci after about 20-30 min. 
Di
Angel baby with reflux
Lauren Sarah was born March 18, 2006

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: formula feeding schedule 10 1/2 week old
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 23:05:22 pm »
Hi Di,

Welcome to the BW site and congratulations on your baby  :)
Ok first of all i had a reflux baby so i know what you are going though. As for 4hr EASY my DD was on 4hr EASY early as well and here in Australia they are say anywhere from 3-4hrs between feeds is fine. So if you are happy with your routine, and your baby is happy eating every 4hrs then that is great. Sounds like she is taking enough of a feed each time and if she is gaining weight and happy and health that is great. As for the 45min monster this is around the time it started appearing with my DD and we had success with wake to sleep so good luck with that.
Sounds like you are doing great  :)

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07