Author Topic: 4/4  (Read 952 times)

Offline Missy Lou

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 138
4/4
« on: May 29, 2006, 22:31:10 pm »
My lo is 15 weeks.  I don't have the second book of Tracy's.  but I know that at about 4 months, she recommends moving to 4 hours.  I'm doing 3.5 hour routine now.  She eats, then plays and is up about 1.5 hours.  Then sleeps for 2. 

The past week she spends more time talking to herself/her mobile/whatever at naptime than usual.  Also, she used to be totally asleep by 7:30 and not wake again until about 3 to eat.  Now, she doesn't want to sleep until closer to 8 or 8:30.  She still gets up at 3 or so to eat though.  When she's awake, she's not really cranky or fussy.  Although there are times when she wants to sleep after only an hour of activity but this is usually after only sleeping for an hour or so in the prior cycle.

Is it time to do 4 hour routine for her?  If so, what is the break down of the time?  Is it 2 hour of play and 2 hours of sleep?

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
Re: 4/4
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 23:07:01 pm »
Could you please post your current routine? Are you finding she isn't taking as much as she use to at each feed?

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Missy Lou

• Showing Appreciation 138
Re: 4/4
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 02:03:12 am »
Her routine has been a mess for the past several days.  For about 2 weeks, she was on a 3.5 hour routine.  Up until a week ago, her routine was:

E:  7:30 a.m.
S:  9 a.m.

E:  11 a.m.
S:  12:30 p.m.

E:  2:30 p.m.
S:  4 p.m.

E:  6 p.m.
S:  7:30

DF:  10

E:  2:30 or 3

But - starting a few days ago - she has starting waking at 5.  I give her a paci and she may go back to sleep.  SOmetimes not though.  HOnestly, the past two mornings, I've put her in her swing at about 5:30 to get her to sleep until 7:30 so I can get some sleep to be able to work during the day.  the 5 a.m. waking started about a week ago and i tried just giving the paci but it became her waking every 20 minutes or so and i needed sleep for work.

So she wakes at 5.  I put her back down until 7:30 and then feed her.  My husband has been watching her this week so I'm not positive of the exact times but this is generally her routine.  She stay awake until about 10:30 or 10:45 a.m.  Then sleep.  Really she should be fed again at 11 but she was only sleeping for 15 or 20 minutes so we let her sleep until 11:30 and then wake her to eat.  So in the morning, she's going 4 hours between feeds.  of course, she's tired when he feeds her at 11:30.  Then she'll stay up for about 1.5 hours and then sleep for about 2 - which is normal, old routine.  But after the 2:30 or 3 p.m. feeding, she'll be up for another 2 hours and then sleep for an hour.  At about 5:30 or 6, I'll feed her and bath her and then put her to sleep about 7.  But she wakes at the same time every night to eat.

She sometimes eats 3.5 ounces, other times 4.5 ounces and then other times 5 ounces.  I'll usually give 5 ounces at the 7:30 a.m. feed since it has been 5 or so hours since she last ate.   Usually we'll make 4.5 ounces - but I never know if she'll down it in 10 minutes or take 15 minutes to eat 3 or so ounces. 

Generally, she isn't fussy when she gets so little sleep.  Mostly, she's in her crib talking up a storm.  THis usually means her naps aren't straight sleeping but is broken up by her talking.  But there are times, especially at bedtime when she has trouble putting herself to sleep because her day sleep is so weird.  So now, it's a lot of helping her to sleep which is a step backwards.