Author Topic: 4/4's effect on night waking  (Read 955 times)

Offline Missy Lou

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 138
4/4's effect on night waking
« on: May 29, 2006, 22:46:43 pm »
This may be a feeding question but I'm not sure.  My lo is 15 weeks old and I'm trying to transition to the 4 hour EASY.  She still wakes up at more or less the same time every night to eat - which she does.

After transitioning to 4 hour EASY, are you supposed to drop the night feeding?  Or do you drop it at a certain age or weight? 

Here are the questions you wanted answered:

How old is your child?  15 weeks

What’s his/her daily routine? right now - 3.5 hour EASY.  1.5 hours of play and 2 hours of sleep. 

What’s nap routine? 2 hours (usually although she's been spending more time in her crib talking to the walls than sleeping)

How long are naps?

What's bedtime routine? Time?  bath time after eating.  it used to be 7:30 but this week she's been staying up until 8 or 8:30.

Do you bottle or breastfed?? bottle

How much? or how long? 4.5 ounces

If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed)

How many wakes per night? usually once to eat.  she has been waking up at 6 every morning regardless of what time she went to sleep.  it used to be that she would go to bed at 7:30 and sleep for 12 hours.  NOw she's up at 6 or 6:30 and is still tired.  Sometimes I can get her to sleep another hour but usually not.  I don't know how to fix that either.

What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? She just cries out a little and then I feed her and she's back asleep within 20 minutes.

When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? she's fussing a little.  she's not at full blown crying because I know she's hungry and i feed her and she's right back to sleep.

What have you tried to settle??  sometimes i'll give her the pacificer and she'll sleep another hour.  but if i keep doing this, she'll keep waking every hour instead of just going back to sleep for another 3 or 4 hours.  plus she'll wake at the same time every night to eat, regardless of the time of the dreamfeed. 

What do you do for A time and how long is it? usually 1.5 hours.  We talk to each other, watch Baby Einstein, look outside or at signs I've made with letters and shapes.

Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? I don't think so.

Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months)  no.

Do they have a prop? If so what is it? pacifier.  she really likes it.  she hasn't learned how to suck her thumb well yet.  she's also swaddled still because when i've tried to have her fall asleep without it, she will sometimes still hit herself in the face, especially when she's trying to find her thumb and then she'll get mad.

Do they have a lovie?  no.

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
Re: 4/4's effect on night waking
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 23:25:27 pm »
When you transition to 4 hour EASy you don't stop the night feed, your LO will let you know when he is ready. There is not set age or weight for a LO to sleep through, they just do it when they are ready. When she doesn't cry have you ever tried leaving her to see if she'd go back to sleep?

Move your bedtime to 7PM and start adding to your A time by 10 minutes at a time over about a 2 week period. The early waking may be due to to much day sleep and will hopefully sort its self out. You want to have two 1.5 hour naps, and one 45 minute nap at this stage.

Kimberly

Offline Missy Lou

• Showing Appreciation 138
Re: 4/4's effect on night waking
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 01:23:33 am »
ok.  thanks.