Author Topic: overtired? or forced to sleep too early?  (Read 3673 times)

Offline nicolanorway

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • mum to christian
Re: overtired? or forced to sleep too early?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 20:45:57 pm »
how's it going?any improvements?
[u rl=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 174
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 14:20:52 pm »
It was better for a little bit. We used regular baby lotion to massage him. And still do, have not get to chance to go to health stoe yet, but looks like even regular lotion helps a bit. Anyway he was good for about a week , but now he starts to cry again more and seems that this time it is not gas, but something else. Doing logs now as try to find out is it our routine. I am getting anxious as could it be he is not getting enough to eat as he is breasfed.
~Efka~

Offline nicolanorway

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • mum to christian
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 17:29:28 pm »
what sort of nappies does he have, wet? dirty? how often? have you got some where you can go weigh him? you can also do this at home. step on to the scales holding him and then put him down and weigh your self. see what the difference is. it's not that accurate but it will give you an idea. remember i said if the are in pain with gas then they will want to be at the breast all the time, is this why you think you don't have enough milk? you could also do a yield, pump yourself, see how much you get, then give it to him and see how much he drinks. there is a milk calculator link on the breastfeeding forum and it can calculate how much he should be consuming, this could also give you an idea. good luck and keep us posted! nicola

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 00:47:32 am »
You know, I personally really do not think he is not getting enough, because usually if I squeese my breast  after feed there is still little milk, but as I am sharing my apartment, then they told me that baby should not be cryng so much, he is probablu hungry :-\ And I do not know what to think. How to know anyway is breast empty or no?
~Efka~

Offline nicolanorway

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • mum to christian
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 19:05:46 pm »
well for the first thing, you don't have nice roommates!!!!! you can almost always get milk from your breast, even when the baby has eaten his share. can't you get an elec. pump. this will give you an idea has to how much milk you have and also if you do have a problem it can increase your milk supply. i believe there is a page on it in the BWSAYP. i also thought htat christian wasn't getting enough milk but i think every mother ponders on this when you can't find another explaination. is he gaining weight? that is a sure way to find out if you don't have enough milk. try to weigh him and get a pump, you have to do something to put your mind at rest. in the mean time S**** your roommates! BABIES CRY!!!!! 

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 19:59:11 pm »
Thanks
I know I need a pump, just does not have funds right now :(
We do not have scale at but will go to GF house and try to do it. And then i know, but hopefully it is not the case. Seems he is just little touchy babe ,who cannot be up long. We(my DH it is ;D) are doing massages to him, seems he likes it.
~Efka~