Author Topic: Help with DF and sleep through night  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Blue eyes

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 31, 2006, 12:19:45 pm »
My LO is 14.5 weeks old and still wakes up anywhere between 2am and 4am for a feed i.e. not really sleeping for any great length of time at night (he is more or less on 3.5/4 hours during the day).  At this dreamfeed he takes hardly anything and I am sure this is the reason he is then looking for food during the night (sometimes as early as 2.15am for example).  How can I encourage him to eat more of his DF (or feeds during the day - which I find difficult as he usually beings up some of his feed anyway i.e. if he has had too much).  Any advice appreciated.

PS I am not looking for him to sleep through to 7am but if he could go a bit more than 2am or 3am that would be nice.

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Re: Help with DF and sleep through night
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 15:44:52 pm »
could you post your day, so we can have a better look??

also i remmember i had this problem with DS, 'cause he was taking tons at his 8pm feed, so of course wanst humngry at 11pm, so what i did was to give him only an oz or 2 at 8pm (just enough to hold him till 11), and then by 11pm he started taking a full feed at the DF, and give or take a week, he stopped taking the 1-2ish am feed. Ohh and also, he started habitual waking at 2:30 sharp, so i gave him the paci and he stopped (just in case this happens to you), so i got full time sleep from 11pm till 4-5ish am YAY!!!!  ;D(and he was sleeping from 8pm till 4-5ish YAY!!! ;D)

hope this helps

Offline Blue eyes

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 19:23:36 pm »
Thanks for your suggestions.  My baby is on a 7am, 11am, 3pm, 6pm eating routine, generally...can vary by half an hour i.e. 3.5/4 hour routine.  I usually give the dream feed anytime between 10.30 and 11pm.  It is difficult to hold back any at 6pm as he cries if he does not get enough and will not settle into bed.  I guess I should chill out about it as it is only 1 feed during the night. Perhaps I will not give the DF and see where he gets to i.e. would he still only wake up once during the night?