Author Topic: Set wake up time???  (Read 1175 times)

Offline shelliz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
  • Shelby - mom to two fabulous kids!
Set wake up time???
« on: June 01, 2006, 00:51:13 am »
I am curious how many moms actually wake their lo's at the same time every morning. I have been waking my dd at 7:00 each morning as suggested in Tracey's book. I am just curious (aside from a varying schedule every day) what harm would there be in letting her sleep till she woke on her own. I am pretty happy w/ the 7:00 waking, but I am just curious if there would be any harm in letting her sleep in.  I know she would probably sleep till 8:00 if I let her.

Offline Harvey and Theos Mam

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • From S.Wales
Re: Set wake up time???
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 08:54:28 am »
I don't wake Theo as he likes to sleep til just gone 8am. However, my other son wakes him sometimes from anytime between 6-7am and so he doesn't have the same start every single day. We just adapt a little and work around it, i will give him his last feed 3 hrs after the other one just so he goes to bed the same time each night. So he goes to bed 7pm 90% of the time and 7:30pm other times.
Rhian

Offline estherofi20

• Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 15:30:45 pm »
well sometimes he wakes up a bit earlier like 7-7:20ish, but if my DS is still asleep by 7:30 i go in and wake him up

Offline Intransit

• Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 00:47:37 am »
To be honest, it depends. Lizwe sleeps till about 7-7:30...and sometimes a bit later/earlier depending on the night....or the previous day etc..so I work with those situations as they arise.
I found it better and easier in the beginning when we were implementing to have more of a structure..now that we're at 12 months I don't put a lot of emphasis on it.
Having said that all babies are different,and it may affect one child, where it did not affect another.
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 02:57:25 am »
I leave Kayla be. She'll wake up between 6:30 and 8. I like when she sleeps later. I get to catch some extra sleep too. It doesn't usually change my routine much. Our routine is very flexable.
Kimberly