Author Topic: When did you drop down to 2 bottles/bf  (Read 1178 times)

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
When did you drop down to 2 bottles/bf
« on: June 01, 2006, 01:24:57 am »
I figured i would get a better response here so i am interested to know when people dropped to 2 milk feeds a day? My DD is having 3x6oz bottles but i feel she is only drinking her lunch one out of comfort as she ends up throwing up some of it afterwards. She is also fussing with her bedtime bottle which i feel is far more important. She has plenty of other dairy through out the day and has milk in a cup with breakfast and dinner. At the moment her total milk intake is approx 26/28ozs which includes what i use in her cereal and custard. I though i would just replace the lunch bottle with a snack of yoghurt instead.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline ginger

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: When did you drop down to 2 bottles/bf
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 01:08:30 am »
At about 9 months my dd dropped the bf herself to 3X per day.  She is now 11 months and I dropped her down to 2 BF per day at 10 months, 3weeks old.  Today is the first day of only offering the morning BF and she has gone to bed without a fuss, so we'll see what the night has in store.  I think we need to give the babies more credit, they are often good at letting us know what they need and when they need it.  If your little one is not interested, I wouldn't force her and just follow her lead.  Good luck!
BTW
It sounds as though she is getting plenty of calcium with her solids.  My little one will only take 2-3 sips of cow's milk at a time, but loves yogurt and is starting to like cheese more.  I am still trying to get her to take more milk, but like they say: the adult can offer the foods, the baby will choose how much, if any she will take....

Offline Poppy & Lily

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
  • UK
Re: When did you drop down to 2 bottles/bf
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 08:25:45 am »
Hi natasha,

From what i remember DD was down to 2 bottles of milk by 10 1/2 mths and then she cut her morning bottle out at 11mths and then finally her bedtime bottle at 15mths! ::) but of course she was never a milk lover ::)....sounds like your dd is getting enough calcium from the milk she is having and also the cheese and youghurt she eats. 

HTH :) :)
Poppy-lilys mum

http://b1.lilypie.com/rkqp0/.png[/img][/url]