Author Topic: too early for 4 hour EASY?  (Read 1066 times)

Offline MGardner

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
too early for 4 hour EASY?
« on: June 01, 2006, 02:48:34 am »
I have been doing 3 hour EASY, I have been pretty flexible with it as far as letting my little one stay up longer and sleep longer. But starting yesterday I wanted to get into a better routine because nights have still not been great - last night he was up twice and the second time just fussed in his bassinett for 2 hours!! So we started going by the clock with 3 hour easy today and he did really well, I felt that he could have had longer activity time and I had to wake him for every feeding, not sure how long he would have slept if I let him go...does this mean he could do a 4 hour EASY? He is only 8 weeks old, that is too young for 4 hour right?

Offline Harvey and Theos Mam

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
  • From S.Wales
Re: too early for 4 hour EASY?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 08:49:27 am »
They recomend 4 months for the 4 hr EASY but that is just a guide. I think it depends on how heavy your baby weighs and whether or not they would still thrive on a 4 hr EASY at such a young age.
Have you considered trying a 3.5 hr EASY and see how he takes to that. I think you shouldn't go straight to 4 hrs and take little steps toward the eventual 4 hr.
Rhian

Offline joannad

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Charlotte Francine & Helena Ruby
Re: too early for 4 hour EASY?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 23:03:07 pm »
I wasn't aware of Baby whisperer when I had DD1 but got referred to it as it was similar to what I'd been following - I'm now hooked as DD1 was textbook/angel but DD2 I need the extra help as she was touchy/textbook now the balance has swung the other way.
DD2 was on 4 hours cycle by 3 months - she moved herself from 3 to 4 hours around about this time.  I don't know if there's a reason why you shouldn't do it but I haven't come across one & DD1 did fine on it.  DD2 is 3.5 > 4 hours at 16 weeks.  I go off her hunger cues - once it gets to 3 hours I start watching her if she is awake & if I can stretch her to 4 hours I will, but if she's after food before then she gets fed.
JO