Author Topic: Looking for advice on implementing EASY with my 6 mo lo  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Jodiejo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Looking for advice on implementing EASY with my 6 mo lo
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 10:39:12 am »
Thanks. I check the local library here and they don't have it, but the one near my parents does so I'm going to pick it up there. I'll keep trying with the breastmilk as I'm not really ready to give it up (and it seems neither is she). This weekend has been a bit of a nightmare. I locked myself out of the house on Friday night and had to stay with a neighbour until my husband came home. She was up a 6 yesterday morning and this morning she woke at 7 but went straight back to sleep after her feed until 9. It's a bnk holiday here so it's a bit hard to stay in routine. I'll have to be moe consistent with it from Tue. I'll pick up the book then too and should have all the amunition I need!

Offline Jodiejo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 11:21:07 am »
Hey guys, I'm back and looking for a bit of reassurance. I got Tracy's book - how t solve all your problems... and I've been watching reruns of her series and last night I didn't feed Abbie to sleep. I did the bedtime routine and cluster fed her round evening and then put her in her cot. I used a mixture of pu/pd and shh-pat because it was very difficult to keep lifting her and putting her down and she was inclined to start crying before she even hit the matress on top of which everytime i picker her up she went straight for the breast, so I sat by the cot not engaging or making eye-contact with her but saying shh and rubbing gently or patting some part of her body (she crawled all over the place) as I felt that she knew i was there and not abandoning her that way - do you think this was ok? I so don't want to break the bond of trust. She cried a lot (I tried not too myself) and it took an hour and she went to sleep. She then woke at 11.45 (at which point I fed her to keep her going for the night), 2.10 (10 minutes to settle without feed), 4.10 (5 mins, no feed), 4.45 (as before), 6.10 and then I woke her myself at 7 and fed her, but she dozed off til 8, but I fed her cereal as usual at 8.15 and put her down for her nap at 10 - she settled in 30 mins this time. I'm perserverig but just want to be reassured that I'm not breaking the bond of trust. For the first time in a while, she had a really good feed when she woke. I'm exhausted, but will persevere. The hourly waking started about a week ago - she had been sleeping 9-7 before that, so I'm increasing my calories during the day and not nursing her to sleep  during those times in the hopes of breaking the habit. Haven't had any success with the bottle yet, although haven't pushed it too hard until, I get the rest sorted. Any pearls of wisdom? Am I doing ok? I need reassurance

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 00:54:11 am »
You are doing fabulous!  Congrats and way to go!!!
Because you are by her side and not leaving her to cry by herself, you will not break the bond of trust.  They way I see it, they cry b/c it is different and they don't understand why mom/dad is not doing what they used to do.  However, just as they can get used to a habit once, they can get used to a new one as well.  Please do not give up.  You are on the road to success, and you'll both be much better off b/c of your hard work. 
I'm so glad that you were able to find a copy of the book.  I would like to reference the pu/pd chapter.  I hope you've had a chance to read through it especially.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Jodiejo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 09:31:20 am »
Result! Abbie slept all night again. Still taking 20 mins or so to go down for naps and today she was especially annoyed with me, but fingers crossed it won't be for long. I'm reading every page of the book in detail. I flicked through the bits relevant to my immediate predicament first and then started at the beginning.