Author Topic: Early waking at 12months  (Read 779 times)

Offline meliss

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 01, 2006, 12:34:08 pm »
Hi. 

This is my situation.
My little one is  waking at 5am and not going back to sleep. He is waking gradually (moving around in crib....crying out a little). I don't go in until he absolutely needs me. usually about 20 mins later. I keep hoping he will resettle.
He has always had this 5am wake up...but just for a bottle and then back to sleep until 7am. Now it doesn't matter what i do. I have tried everything...even some of the no-nos! Bottle, diaper change, walking, putting him in my bed. The thing is, sometimes he will relax again. and lay in his crib...but he just tosses and turns and ends up crying and even more awake. We usually give up around 6am and play until 7am when he has breakfast. He very cranky by then and has a morning nap at 8am.

oh. I have also tried Advil and baby oraljel..he is working on his first two molars...is this why he can't resettle?
And i'm pretty sure he's not getting too much sleep during the day. He has a total of 2-2.5 hrs. of naps only.

please any suggestions are appreciated.

melissa

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Early waking at 12months
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 14:41:56 pm »
could you pls answer the questions at this link? that would be very helpful to get a better idea of things. i will do my best to give any info i can think of as my lo is just coming up on a yr. i will see what i can do and if needed, i will move it over to the sleeping for toddlers board :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005