Author Topic: screaming suddenly at bedtime  (Read 918 times)

Offline Ava's mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
screaming suddenly at bedtime
« on: June 01, 2006, 22:39:21 pm »
Hi,

I am really confused and don't know what to do. My second baby Joseph has just gone 12 months and over the last few weeks he has all of a suddenn started to scream/cry when I put him down at night for bed. Up until now apart from the odd cold etc, he has gone down fine with miminal fuss after our consistent bedtime routine. I dont know what to do. He cries and cries, it does not appear to be pain as he is fine right up to the moment we put him down. I have also noticed that he whinges or does a little cry when I walk into his room to put him down for his naps too, but he goes to sleep quickly at nap time, but can cry on an off for an hour or more at bed time. We have resorted to holding him which I know doesnt help, but he gets more hysterical if we sit by his cot or try to offer support through other means. he even is so frustrated when we pick him up that he doesnt always settle in our arms either and arches his back and fights me. It has been a sudden thing. I have been weaning him off the breast now for a month and he has not seemed bothered at all about it ie: he isnt looking for the breast at all but I thought there may be some seperation issues going on. He has only two teeth and I know one of his two top ones is almost there and a bottom which might be adding ot the night wakings but i dont think this answers the bedtime stuff.

any advice is welcome. if it is seperation what is the best plan? :-\

confused and tired mum to ava 3 in July and joseph just gone 1 in May

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: screaming suddenly at bedtime
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 02:41:33 am »
could you post your routine for us to take look at?
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005