Author Topic: no more bottle??  (Read 961 times)

Offline wes' mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
no more bottle??
« on: June 02, 2006, 00:56:16 am »
I'm wondering when and how to stop giving my son a bottle.  He is almost 11 months old and takes 2 bottles a day (one in am and one in pm) and 2 sippy cups a day.  I also want to make sure he gets enough milk.  Right now, if he drinks all his bottles and 2 sippys, he would be drinking 24 oz.  However, sometimes, he doesn't finish all the sippy. How much is enough??
Should I go ahead and drop the am bottle first and give another sippy then?  If he freaks out and wants the bottle, do I not give in??  :-\
Any advice you have would be great!!
Thank you!

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: no more bottle??
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 15:54:34 pm »
We stopped bottles with Ewan at 12 months and we did it cold turkey.  This time around I think that I will try to cut out all bottles but the bedtime one before 12 months so I only have one left by then.

We just got a sippy cup for Bram to start palying with (he doesn't really drink yet just dribbles water everywhere :P) in hopes that we can get him using it regularly soon. 

I would try to cut out the am bottle now and just keep his milk available to him all day.  We used an insulated sippy for Ewan and it worked great. 

Good luck ;D

Offline wes' mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: no more bottle??
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 22:44:47 pm »
Thanks for the advice!  I'll go ahead and start that tomorrow morning.   :D