Author Topic: 11 months, no teeth, doesn't eat finger foods.  (Read 929 times)

Offline shannon S

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Manitoba, Canada
11 months, no teeth, doesn't eat finger foods.
« on: June 02, 2006, 01:52:28 am »
My 11 month old daughter still does not have any teeth and although she does a lot of drooling and waking in the night, there still is no sign of teeth. 
I have been getting braver in trying finger foods but at the moment the only finger foods she will actually eat are cheerios, puffed wheat, cheese slices, rice rusks, and sometimes pasta.  I have tried different soft vegies but she usually stuffs them in her cheek.  Fruit pieces she just plays with and some other foods she just feeds to the dog.... (now I have a dog that constantly sits up pretty beside the highchair and a daughter that thinks this is funny).  She will suck on toast and bread sticks but very little actually gets to her belly.

Anyway, should I be persistent with the finger foods or be patient and wait for her teeth to come in? She doesn't seem to mind the puree and mashed foods.  I am such a poor judge of how much finger food in enough as compared to jarred food.

hope someone can help.
shannon
I know many infants this age who eat whatever their parents eat. I can't even imagine!

andibig

Re: 11 months, no teeth, doesn't eat finger foods.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 20:08:06 pm »
personally i would persist with the finger foods.cos shes teething she'll just suck on them as her gums are sore. (my DD does when teething) this probably why shes still ok on pureed foods as well. if she doesn't eat the finger foods  don't worry just keep offering them at every meal. had to laugh about the dog. My lo thinks its highly amusing to drop food on the floor for the dog  ::) he must be the best fed dog in the uk at the moment LOL

Offline shannon S

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 20:22:11 pm »
My dd is now holding the finger foods out for the dog and the dog takes it right from her hand!. I'm assuming that this means dd  isn't hungry anymore.  I keep giving her more but she keeps giving it to the dog.  It's becoming quite frustrating because she just laughs when I say no.

shannon

andibig

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 20:33:18 pm »
i found the best way to deal with this was to ignore it. her laughing when you say no probably means shes learnt that it gets a response for you (they are crafty these 11 mth olds!!!!). its really difficult and frustrating and it is just a phase. but if you just ignore it she will eventually stop (hopefully) i found when i did that i was less stressed at meal times