Author Topic: 4 hour EASY too long?  (Read 962 times)

Offline SallyDom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
4 hour EASY too long?
« on: June 02, 2006, 07:34:10 am »
My little boy is 9 weeks old and for a couple of weeks has been on a 4 hour eating routine but can't stay awake long enough to keep to a total 4 hour EASY routine. This means he sometimes eats, plays, sleeps, then wakes up, after more activity is ready for another sleep but I know this means he is going to sleep through another feed time, or that he'll wake up after not very long and be hungry.
He is 141b and is taking 7oz feeds, although since he had his injections last week he doesn't seem able to guzzle his bottles down now. He'll have half, then play for a while and then finish the rest off (the result of this is that he is getting really sleepy on the bottle).
I have considered reducing his feeds so maybe giving him 5 or 6oz feeds and changing him on to a 3 or 3.5 hours EASY, what do you think? I am so glad this website is here, think I'd go mad otherwise!!!
Sally
x
Dominic Luke 29/03/06
Isaac (Zac) James 14/11/07

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: 4 hour EASY too long?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 19:17:05 pm »
Hi Sally
It is usual for Lo's you DS's age to be on a 3hr EASY. The general rule of thumb is under 4 months = 4hreasy 4 months and over = 4hr EASy.

Sorry
I don't have more time to divulge into routines, etc but you can find info to get you started on 3hr EASy here --> https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=62100.0

Let me know how you get on, give us a shout if yu need more help.
Lauren
Lauren x