Author Topic: 4 bottles enough???? 4 month old  (Read 1036 times)

Offline mljlmr

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 02, 2006, 12:45:49 pm »
My 4 month old usually takes 4 ounces every 4 hours, well the last 2 days she has wanted 6 ounces, and drinks it ALL...(growth spurt?) but only has 4 bottles total (without dreamfeed) and sometimes only drinks 4 of the ounces. She will go 5 maybe 5 1/2 hours without eating a bottle. Also shes teething horribly, i know thats some of the issue. she usually has 20-24 ounces total with d/f during 24 hours. Is this ok?

Offline lisamichel

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 14:34:33 pm »
My daughter does pretty much the same thing.   She is 5 1/2 months old and  she will go sometimes 6 hours without a bottle and then eat only 3 oz or sometimes 5 oz.     She gets about 22-24 ounces of formula in a 24 hour period,    She has doubled her birth weight at 5 1/2 months old and the doctors say she is doing just fine!    They told me she is getting what she needs and obviously she is growing just fine.    I used to worry like crazy about how much she was eating.   So sounds like your little one knows what she is doing and as long as she is growing well   I wouldn't worry to much.   Hope this helps.    Lisa

Offline mljlmr

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 14:53:44 pm »
thank you. She was 5 pounds 13 ounces at birth, and shes almost at 14 pounds, so the doctor wasnt concerned about her eating when she went to her 4 month check up the other day. thanks for the encouragement! ill let her do her own thing i guess! she knows her belly best!

Offline Southernbelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Mom to three beautiful kids!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 02:04:39 am »
Yes, my 16 week old DD is having four bottles of 6-7oz a day.  I am actually enjoying not having to make so many bottles and she is getting fat and happy with what she is getting! ;D
5 yrs, 3 yrs, 7 months

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: 4 bottles enough???? 4 month old
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 04:38:58 am »
At 4months my DD was on 4x8oz bottles. She dropped to 4bottles at 2months and was gaining weight so i wasn't concerned.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

andibig

Re: 4 bottles enough???? 4 month old
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 04:48:44 am »
DD did exactly the same. she was little as well at birth (5lb 9oz) but gained weight quickly (theses little ones soon make it up don't they). my HV said as pp have that her weight was spot on and not to worry as she was taking what she needed.