Author Topic: I know I shouldn't have but it seemed fun!!  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Lola

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
I know I shouldn't have but it seemed fun!!
« on: June 02, 2006, 15:55:27 pm »
I bought Madelaine a Leap Frog learning touch book this morning. It's really quite fun. Is this a bad thing? It's not a video game nor is it a PC :)
Its a very interactive book. I thought her step sister and step brothers could have some fun with this too!!

Another question-I have a baby who is addicted to cardboard...anything made of cardboard she tries to eat?
I try to catch her but this morning, she took a bite of an Arrowroot cookie box while I was looking away!! OMgoodness! Any box, she will eat LOL
Think this is harmful? I usually get it out of her mouth... ???
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

lilmonkey

Re: I know I shouldn't have but it seemed fun!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 17:12:38 pm »
I think that it's a great interactive toy.  All my nieces and nephews have them curtesy of of their favorite aunt and uncle ( DH and I).  Their parents love them and it sure makes gift giving much easier as all we have to do is buy new books!  The kids also share the books so things are always new!!! We were thinking of getting dd a new one as the one passed down from her cousins were too beaten up!

As for the eating of paper/cardboard, dd was like that and still is sometimes.  I don't think that it is harmful except for the dyes or ink.  I always try to get them out of her mouth when I catch her.  Now, we are into licking rocks and leaves.  I glad that she likes her greens but would prefer that she stick to salads and such ;D ;D.

Offline GG

• Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 03:45:04 am »
DS is still chewing on paper stuff, too. I let him play with a few cardboard things weeks ago and quickly regretted it.  I agree with lil'monkey... probably just the ink that's not the best but I wouldn't worry. Just try taking it out of her mouth as soon as you see it.

Now, one of the things that my DS will put in his mouth is a baby puzzle that MIL got for him. The 4 puzzle pieces have "fur" or "wool" on them for the animals and he's not only been licking/sucking on this but apparently he started pulling tiny pieces off the wooden pieces. So I guess that toy gets put away for a few more months.   :-\
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline Lola

• Missy M's Mama
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 12:57:27 pm »
LOL thanks guys. Makes me wonder why I buy toys! she plays under my desk at work which is "babyproofed" with boxes..hmm...not really baby proof I guess :-\
We had M outside yesterday (it's been pretty cool so she is just getting used to it) and she apparently likes her greens too :o ;D
thanks for the info on Leapfrog. I felt like I was doing something bad bc it is electronic....trying not to create a videodrone baby :) ;D

Offline Asher's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 22:57:03 pm »
I teach secondary education; we are big on catering to different learning styles. I want my baby to play and learn with as many variety of toys, devises, imagination, wilderness,... as possible. Your baby may not want to put it down for several days, next move on to blocks for several days, then books,.... I think variety is good and so is new technology.
Annette

Offline Lola

• Missy M's Mama
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 12:45:31 pm »
thanks annette--thats a good idea. I must have it in the back of my head bc when i got the leapfrog i also got her stacking rings and another new book!!!
Laura..
ps-hello neighbour canuck!! :D