Author Topic: Night Sleep issues with EASY.... Help!!!  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Kyles_mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • DS Kyle
Night Sleep issues with EASY.... Help!!!
« on: June 02, 2006, 21:46:47 pm »
Hi Ladies,

Here it is.  Kyle my DS is 9 weeks old and has been on a 4 hour schedule since he was about 5 weeks old.  He put himself on it.  He is formula feed and eats 6oz at every meal.  We have been trying to follow the EASY plan but my nights have seemed to mess everything up.   When the day goes well it is 7, 11, 3, 7, 11 (DF)  3ish.  Then last week he started sleeping close to 6 hours at night and wanting to eat at 5am.  But he only eats 3-4 oz.  Then he wakes at 7am but is not hungry until 8:30 or so.  But then that messes up the day and his bedtime gets messed up like tonight he ate at 5:30pm, but normally I would bath him at 7 and a bottle at 7:15 to bed at 7:30.  But now he is asleep and has not had his bath and should eat at 9:30 now.  What happens to the dream feed? 

What should I do at the 5am mark?  Also he is waking 4-5 times through the night and i shh/pat and he goes back to sleep, but they are not hungry cries until around 5.  Should I only feed about 2oz to get him through until 7?  Should I have only feed him 2-3 oz at 5:30 tonight instead so I could still feed him at 7 after his bath? 

Confused and need help....

Thanks,

Leigh
I love being a Mom!!!

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Night Sleep issues with EASY.... Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 22:53:55 pm »
try feeding at 7,11,3, and 6:30 into bed for 7. Start your bedtime routine at 6, move dreamfeed to 10:30 and then feed at the first waking. Use pat/shh to settle after that. It can be very confusing for both you and your LO. But your on the right pass. Try this and let me know how it goes :)
Kimberly

Offline Kyles_mommy

• Showing Appreciation 1
  • DS Kyle
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 23:27:40 pm »
Thanks,  I will try that.  I did end up waking Kyle for hs bath at 7 and then he ate at 7:15 and he was in bed talking to him self at 7:30 and fell asleep on his own by 7:50 tonight.  But I will try the feed at first wake.  Why the first wake?  Is that because it would be hunger that wakes him up?  Will this still promote sleeping longer in the night?  Why do you sugest dping the bedtime rotein at 6?  Just to let you know my LO is a piggy and eats his 6oz within 10mins, so the feding time is very short.  I even stop him twice per bottle for burps!  Again, thank you Karita for you advice I will try that tonight.

Thanks,

Leigh
I love being a Mom!!!

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 00:41:07 am »
I suggest feeding at the first wake because more then likly he still needs one feed a night and if you give it at the first waking it should effect the morning feed as much. If he's off his feed a little in the am don't worry though, just give him a little extra in the PM. DD used to do this all the time.
As for the bedtime routine move thats so your LO wont be overtied which can also cause night wakings. 7pm is a really good bedtime for LO's like ours. The day I discovered that was the best day ever. It also give you then entire evening to yourself and your DP, its very importent to have this time for everyones sake. Even your LO.
He sounds like he's doing really well :) just needs some slight ajustments and your set  ;D
Kimberly

Offline Kyles_mommy

• Showing Appreciation 1
  • DS Kyle
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 10:47:04 am »
Hi Karita,

Well I feed at the firest wake last night at 3am and he slept alot better last night, he woke up at 4:30am but soothed himself within mins and he woke up at 5:30am and I had to shh/pat and give paci only for 1 min then he slept until 6:50am and had his breakfast at 7am.   Thanks so much for your help....

Leigh & Kyle
I love being a Mom!!!