Author Topic: Help with extending naps  (Read 646 times)

Offline janelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
Help with extending naps
« on: June 04, 2006, 02:35:05 am »
I have been having teouble with ds andhis naps since he was born ::)  Over the las couple of days I have kept a log of eating,sleeping and waking times to try and find a pattern.  ANyway, I have notice that he is pretty much waking up 30 minutes into each nap.  I went into him this morning just before the 30 minute mark and sure enough he began to stir.  AS soon as he did I began patt/shh and managed toresettle him but htne he woke 5 minutes later so had to do it agian.  He is still alseep now but  I have some question regarding what I should do.

1. First, is there a reason why he would be waking after 30 minutes consistently?
2. Should I wait until he stirs to do pat/shh or try wake to sleep?
3. How long should I ocntinue the patt/shh for after he resettles?

He is breastfeed on a 3 hour easy.  His awake time is only 1 hour before he gets sleepy.  Windown routine consists of taking him t ohis room, making dark, turning on whitenoise, giving his dummy and cuddling until his eyes get heavy then lay him down i his cot and patt to sleep.

Just thought of another couple of questions.
At 12 weeks approx how long should awake and sleep times be??  We are currently aiming for 1-1.5 hours awake time and 1.5 - 2 hours sleep.  Is that right or should I adjust it?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 02:51:06 am by janelle »
Liana (6)- 9th January  2004
Liam (4) - 8th March 2006
and my beautiful new bub!