Author Topic: I LOVE my sippy cup, now I HATE my sippy cup....  (Read 715 times)

Offline Sydney

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
I LOVE my sippy cup, now I HATE my sippy cup....
« on: June 04, 2006, 13:11:02 pm »
dd is a little over 7.5 months.  I have been giving her a sippy cup at meal time since I started introducing solids at 6months.  She used to love it, not really getting much out of it, but chewing on the spout.  She was much more interested in that then her food!

She has had some viral infection for the past 5 days.  She is eating pretty good, but the last two days when I have offered her a drink of her sippy ( i have to hold it for her as she hasn't quite figured out how to tip it up yet) she just turns her head away and wants NOTHING to do with it.  I have always put a little bit of juice (about 1 oz) mixed with water (2-3 ounces) in her cup.  Ped says her throat is "a little red".  Do you think that her sore throat is causing her to lose interest in her sippy?  I thought if anything, the cold juice would feel good on her throat???

Any ideas would be appreciated.  TIA.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: I LOVE my sippy cup, now I HATE my sippy cup....
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 13:32:18 pm »
If she doesn't feel good she likely doesn't want much to do with something she has to work harder at - I'd just keep offering it but not pushing and I'm sure she'll come around again.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01