Author Topic: my baby wont do activity what to do??  (Read 1023 times)

Offline alexandersmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 04, 2006, 17:13:45 pm »
I have loosley been following EASY, think it may be too early though and i am going to try and be more strict with it at 4 weeks.
 My baby is almost 3weeks old. He falls asleep after most feeds and sometimes during them, then can wake up again an hour later hungry. How can i get him to stay awake to do activity or am i expecting too much?? Sometimes he will stay awake through a whole cycle for 3 or 4 hours and wont go down at all!! This isnt great when its 3am !Help!! :o

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: my baby wont do activity what to do??
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 17:21:16 pm »
At 3 weeks old the most activity you can expect from your LO is a nappy change. At this stage stick to a 2-2.5 hours EASY especially if you are breastfeeding, you may find him in a 3 hour routine if bottle fed. You may find he has an "active time" try to aim to have in in your day without overtireing him. Not an easy task but you can do it. Worry more about getting him back down withing 40 minutes of waking for now or he'll be overtired and thats when you get the wont sleep super cranky times. I experienced those myself so I compleatly understand. As he gets older he'll start to have longer awake periods on his own.

HTH
Kimberly