Author Topic: How do you do wo/wi with 2 children sharing room  (Read 1055 times)

Offline taylorashleysmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How do you do wo/wi with 2 children sharing room
« on: June 04, 2006, 17:55:09 pm »
Our sleep problems started when we moved into our new house.  Our oldest DD Taylor is 3 years and 7 months old - we had her going to bed on her own.  She had a lot of sleep problems when she was younger, but they ended when she was about 9 months old.  Our younger DD Ashley is 21 months old.  She was in our room in our apartment in her crib until we moved about 7 months ago.  I was able to put her to sleep in her crib and leave and she would put herself to sleep.  When we moved it was into a 2 bedroom house.  Now both are DD's are in the same room and that's when the sleep problems started.  Taylor needs a nightlight to sleep - Ashley needs it completely dark.  So we started to stay in the room with the girls because we had no night light for Taylor.  We stay in the room with both girls until they fall asleep.  One of us is by Ashley's crib the other one lays with Taylor.  Taylor just gave up her afternoon nap so she sleeps through the night no problem.  Ashley has on and off for the past 7 months gone through spurts of night wakings that last from 2 - 3 hours.  One day I was up from 2:00 AM because by the time I got Ashley back to sleep Taylor was up.  Besides being sleep deprived and cranky my husband and I feel like we have no time for ourselves.  I'm sorry to ramble I just thought I should give background to the problem.  I started to split up their bedtimes.  We still lay with Taylor since she can get out of bed.  I know that has to change.  I was kind of hoping to stick it out until Ashley was older and they could climb into bed with each other for comfort, but I don't think we can last.  I've come on this site various times looking for advice.  My sister-in-law gave me Tracy's book when I was pregnant with Taylor.

Do you think that I can do the wo/wi with my girls?

Thank you for any help you can give me - I'm desperate.