Author Topic: All over the place...  (Read 792 times)

Offline mljlmr

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 05, 2006, 12:06:01 pm »
Lo is 4 months old. She was waking around 4ish every morning, wide awake and i ended up putting her in our bed to put her back to sleep. It was also suggested that i cut the night fruit feeding, which i had just started, which i have done. FOr  a while now she  wakes at 2-2:30 for feed (usual) but doesnt want to go back to sleep, so i end up putting her to bed with me. Wakes at 4, i have to rock her back to sleep. 5 or 5:15 she wakes again, whiny, fussy, and is in/out of sleep till 6:30, when she finally "awakes" to feed.  (im holding her the whole time to get to to go back to sleep)
My question is why is she pretty much awake from 4-6:30? is there something that i can do to get her to actually sleep? I figured me rocking her would make it work or sleeping in my bed instead of her bed, but that doesnt work either.
Shes on a 4 hour easy
6:30-7 wake
bottle upon waking
7:30 fruit
8:30-nap till 9 or 9:30
11-bottle
11:15-11:30-nap
up around 1:30ish
3:00 bottle
3:30-nap till about 4:15 ish
bath at 6:30
bottle and bed at 7
thanks for any help you can give me! i would appreciate it. the morning nap is always short, i realized yesterday that after an hour of being awake (since shes in and out of sleep since 5ish or so) shes tired, but i have been keeping her up till 8:30 to nap. Today i put her down at 7:45, and she went to sleep after about 5 minutes of fussing. Growth spurt/overtired? have no idea!

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: All over the place...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 13:58:09 pm »
well if you are rocking lo back to sleep you are making yourself into a prop and this will be a very hard habit to break later on.

you may want to limit the pm catnap to a half hr or so and see if that helps.

if not, i think it will just be a matter of trial and error on your part tweaking the routine slightly here and there. keep in mind as the day goes on that A times should be slightly longer ex instead of 2.0hrs tweak to 2.25 and keep the extra A time very low key.

good luck.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline mljlmr

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 14:12:53 pm »
Didnt think about extra A time.... I will also stop rocking her.  Do i just keep patt/shh till she goes back to sleep at 4 or so?  or should i wake to sleep?

Also even though i put her down when she was tired this morning at 7:45 she woke 1/2 hour later. This also happens if i put her down at 8:30 (2 hours A time)  and shes wide awake, happy and alert. I know the morning nap should be longer and the second one too then a cat nap. I tried extending the 15 minutes too and shes totally exhausted by 8:30 (because of in and out of sleep since 4 or 5)  thanks for your help again! i appreciate it.

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 21:05:29 pm »
if your lo is waking at the same time every night w2s will/should work just stir lo def don't wake her totally :) it is all really preference for you - if you want to continue sh/pat and that's what you are comfortable with then go that route - although at that age i had to start just shhing or just patting as both together got to be too stimulating for my dd.

what time did she wake in the am for you to put her down that early? try to keep nap times after 8:30 ish if at all possible as she may start 'making up' for the night sleep with early/long naps kwim?

i believe in the easy forum there are sample routines for lo's - although they are all guidelines it may help you adjust A time accordingly...
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 22:47:09 pm »
Try to avoid bringing her to bed with you too, it can become a really hard prop to brake too. Use Pat/shh to resettle. It'll take some work because it'll be new to her but everyday it'll get easier.
I second the W2S though, try that first. and see if that helps.
Kimberly