Author Topic: Teething and naps???  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Lola

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
Teething and naps???
« on: June 05, 2006, 14:29:55 pm »
Okay..here's a dumb question. M is 9 months old now and her top two teeth are coming in_ I can feel one and see both. When I bring her to work with me she only naps for 1 hour-at home she naps for 1.5 hours. It's not always dead quiet at home ( I don't believe in making a sleep environment dead quiet-only relaxing). She still has two naps a day. Both are usually 1.5 hours, but sometimes less nad sometimes more. I never know if i should wake her with the longer ones and/or let her sleep with the shorter ones? Its such a GUESSING game LOL
Do you think its okay for her to cut her naps back to 1 hour? She seems to do it on her own when she needs it?
Is this normal around this time for a baby?

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Teething and naps???
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 14:32:45 pm »
How is she sleeping at night? Does the shorter or longer naps affect her night sleep at all? If not, I'd let her sleep 1.5 hours when she wants to or 1 hour is fine too - but no reason to wake her after one hour unless you feel she's getting too much day sleep.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 14:34:39 pm »
Completely normal.  8-18 months, in BW, says 2 naps 1-2 hours each, or one big 3hour nap; 12 hours at night.  Unless you see dramatic decreases in the night sleep, I would let her take the lead and sleep as long/little as she needs.

;D Marisa Mom beat me to it  ;D

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline Lola

• Missy M's Mama
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 14:54:33 pm »
This teething business has upset my perfect angel baby LOL. I'm really hoping it all settles once both teeth are down.
Her night sleep is broken a couple of times but I just pat shh for a minute adn she goes back to sleep on her own. She's only been doing this waking since her teeth :(
Thanks then..I will try to suck up a couple more weeks of fussy baby and then maybe my angel will re-emerge LOL ;)

Offline Lola

• Missy M's Mama
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 18:28:46 pm »
ARRRGGGHHHH
this morning only an hour and this afternoon not even an hour. She can't do it-she gets sooo overtired. I feel so bad for her :(
I noted the 2nd tooth broke thru this morngin, so maybe next week (if we make it that long) she will go back on track. She wakes up happy but in about 2 hours she is falling asleep at her chair :(
BLAH :)
sorry...needed to vent. This teething part has been the worst go of all of the baby stuff. Everything else was easy :(

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 20:30:16 pm »
I know - I often wonder why the teeth can't just magically pop out one day... Hope she feels better and is back to herself soon. In the meantime, don't hesitate to offer a tiny catnap if she'll take one (even in stroller or car) and/or an extra early bedtime. Hugs.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01