Author Topic: Difficult Naptime  (Read 980 times)

Offline GKirk

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
Difficult Naptime
« on: June 06, 2006, 00:11:52 am »
Hi- my lo is 8 weeks old now, he recently started doing the 45 minute naps.. but I was able to re-settle him usually and get 1.5 hours out of him at naptime.. More recently he has started to only nap for 45 minutes and thats it! I have tried everything.. ! He wont even sleep in his carseat, if I go out to do errands, he dozes off in his carseat but as soon as we get in the grocery store, he wakes up.. he doesnt usually fuss, but  he is just awake, and If i get home say 1 hour before his next feed and he is awake I try to give him a nap and he wont go down he will then start to fuss.

His crying is different at these times, I am not sure if they develop some sort of ''new cry'' at this age but it seems like it is just a fake cry (But its very loud and he makes such grimaces!) It is very difficult because I have learned to decipher all of his cries and know usually what he needs but this new cry is very strange to me.. He has recently started cooing and ahhing I dont know if this matters?

His routine is

E- 7/730
A
S- 8/830
E- 10/1030
A
S- 11/1130
E- 1/130
A
S- 2/230
E- 400
A
S- 515/530

Bath, Windown, Bottle, Bed - 615/630
I do a dreamfeed at 1030 and he wakes at 3/330 for a nighttime feeding

Offline avery's momma

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Re: Difficult Naptime
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 02:24:33 am »
sounds like the nap monster has paid you a visit... so sorry :( we have been there, done that, and i think she just crossed over the hump.. i tried wake 2 sleep after dealing with the monster naps for like 2 weeks.. i finally tried it towards the end of week 10..and i wish i had tried earlier!!- (there is a sticky on the nap board i think about wake2sleep) i think her getting over it also coincided with her really being able to suck her thumb and find it again when she jolted awake at 40 mns!! good luck and hugs to you!! you will get through it.. i believe it is really developmental.. so it just takes a little time, and patience ;) ((((hugs)))))

Offline GKirk

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
Re: Difficult Naptime
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 13:15:17 pm »
My motto- One day  at a time! Thanks for your help i will check out the wake 2 sleep post  :)