Author Topic: How long til gets the hang of finger food?  (Read 884 times)

Offline shabec

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How long til gets the hang of finger food?
« on: June 06, 2006, 04:13:26 am »
My 9 month old DS doesn't get what to do with finger food!  He won't even taste most things, usually just pushing it around the table until it is all smashed up or fallen on the floor.  Will he ever get it - how long does it take?  I usually give it to him before a solid feed, when he is hungrier, but doesn't seem to make any difference... :P

Offline Fife_Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
Re: How long til gets the hang of finger food?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 05:33:42 am »
Hi,

My LO was like that until just a couple of days ago. I have not really pushed finger food, just letting her play with a spoon instead. Last weekend we had dinner out and I gave her a piece of cucumber to nibble on (I was holding it). Toast, sandwiches, banana etc. have been squished while I retrieved bits to put in her mouth, but she has just got the hang of holding toast fingers so that she can nibble on them, and now everything gets bitten (including the spoon - and my finger). I think it is just something that seems to come overnight when they are ready. Will he bite on food when you hold it for him? Try not to stress about it or he might pick up on that.

Vicky

Vicky - Proud Mum to:
Fraser 29/03/2004,
Arwen 24/09/2005,
Sophie 20/11/2007