Author Topic: 8 month old waking in the night  (Read 784 times)

Offline Mom of Emilie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 06, 2006, 13:05:13 pm »
Hi there:

I have a 8 month old daughter who has slept through the night for a while. In the last month, there have been changes in her sleep pattern - where she will wake up in the middle of the night - doesn't happen every night. I know she isn't waking up due to her hunger, she is waking up because she has turned her self over from back to tummy and is unsure of how to get back on her back - this wakes her and then she crys out for me. Or she could be waking because of separation aniexty I have tried the PU/PD method - it was working last night, but had to give in to Breast feed since this was the only way I could get her to settle. Her routine is as follows:

8:30 - 9 a.m. - Wake up/Change Diaper/Breast Feed
10 Am Offer Cereal with fruit
10:30 - 12 noon - Activity Time
12 p.m. BF - Nap
1 p.m. Lunch (Fruit/Veggies)
1:30-3 p.m. Activity Time
3 p.m. Breast feed
3:30 - 4:30 - Nap
4:30 - 6 p.m. Playtime
6p.m. Breast feed
6:30 Dinner (Cereal with Fruit/Meat with Veggies)
6:30 - 9 p.m. Quiet Play Time (read books/lay on the bed with her) or if it's bath night - give her a bath
9 p.m or later last feeding of the day

Her bedtime is around 10 p.m. - I can't get her down any eariler -

I need some help or suggestions with PU/PD method for this age/her routine/and if there is anything I can do to get her back on track. I want to teach her to go to bed awake

Last night she was very tried/cranky - that I gave her the breast before she went to bed - she really fights to go to sleep -

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: 8 month old waking in the night
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 14:17:58 pm »
i think a big part of the problem is her bedtime  :-\  it may have worked for awhile but lo's really do need to go down earlier at night. the bedtime is probably making her overtired and therefore disrupting her sleep.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005