Author Topic: 45 Minute Nap Questions  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Jenifer

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
45 Minute Nap Questions
« on: June 06, 2006, 14:37:19 pm »
So, I've read the other posts about the 45 minute naps ...

My question is - if this is developmental (between the ages of 2 - 6 months), are you telling me I have 3.5 more months of this?!?!?!  My wake-to-sleep efforts haven't really worked (yet).  Also, what you recommend I do when she WILL NOT go back to sleep?  If she gets up and has some low key activity and then eats, she wants to go to sleep soon after - which throws the WHOLE routine off for most of the day!

??? ??? ???
DD - March 2006

Offline Jenifer

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Re: 45 Minute Nap Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 16:53:27 pm »
My EASY routine is every 3 hours feed, up for 1 hour (including feed) and then start wind down & nap.

I've tried wake to sleep - I've gone in and put my hands on her body (did not work), I've tried stroking her cheek (thought it worked this morning but she got up 5 minutes later).  That's all I've done so far.  Any recommendations?

Trying to get her back down for the 2nd half is so much more work -- patting and patting!  By the time shet goes down she gets only about 20 - 30 mins of sleep.  Then I have to wake her from a deep sleep to feed her ..  :-\
DD - March 2006

Offline Jenifer

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Re: 45 Minute Nap Questions
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 17:33:31 pm »
She is 10 weeks this Thursday.  Yes she is swaddled.  Routine is on the second yawn I take her, close her blinds, put on a classical music CD, rock with her until her eyes are heavy (talk to her calmly), sawddle her and then watch.  Usually end up patting her back until she's asleep.
She will take the soother but is spitting it out a lot lately (she's finding her thumb tho).
I just went in on this nap and pat her back from the 35 minute mark to the 50 minute mark.  So far it looks like it worked.  Although my arms are killing me after all this patting!   ;)

Question: is this wake to sleep method to "fix" the waking up after 45 minutes or is it just a method to get them to go back down?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 17:35:59 pm by Jenifer »
DD - March 2006