Author Topic: sleep issues....Night Wakings.... Help!!!!  (Read 824 times)

Offline Kyles_mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • DS Kyle
sleep issues....Night Wakings.... Help!!!!
« on: June 06, 2006, 16:15:48 pm »
guidances, I know you are probably getting sick of my posts but I need some guidence....  DS Kyle is 10 weeks old tomorrow.   

wakes at 5 and I shh/pat/paci off and on until 7am
7 gets up
7:30am eats (formula feed)  6oz if he will take it (last night I feed him 3oz at 5 so he only took 4 this morning)
8:30-9 goes down for a nap.  Very tired as he was up from 5 on.
11:30-12 eats 6ozs  (normally would be 11:30 but he was so tired this morning he slept until 12)
12:45 - napping now....
4pm eat
5 nap
7 bath
7:15 eat
7:30 - bed

Ok,  He is not big on to much activity, he gets over stimulated very easily.  He likes his swing and to look around the room or a story book.  Maybe some floor time but only a few mins, hates tummy time.  I can read his tired cues very well.  Basically first yawn he goes down and he puts him self to sleep.  At bedtime, he loves his bath and at 7:30pm I put him to bed full and awake (a bit tired)  15 mins max no crying he puts him self to sleep.  I know Angel baby right?  what could possibly be wrong with this?  I have been doing the dreamfeed for 3 weeks and all it seemed to do was disrupt his sleep so I tried an experiment the last 2 days.  I did not do the DF and here is what happened on Sunday night.  He went to bed at 7:30 like always perfect.  Woke up at midnight feed and then went right back to sleep and woke at 5am took 3oz.  woke up off and on until 7am.  Pat/shh/paci.  Last night, he went to bed at 7:30 like always perfect.  This time he didn't wake until 1:50am to eat. (6oz) Way to go!!!  Removing DF may be working for my LO.  Then he woke at 5:20am with his hungry cry so I gave him 3oz.  Then he was awake off and on until 7am.  I patt/shh/paci.  I am trying to keep the routine that he doesn't get up until 7.    He is a very adamant 4hour baby and will not take much at the 3hour mark if I try him during the day.  He has been a 4hour baby since he was 2weeks old.  He did it himself.

Question is....  What do I do at the 5am mark?  Should I have feed him this morning?  I do not want to get him up at 5am.  I will not take him to my bed.  But could the paci be causing the problem?  It seems that I go to him, put my hand on his belly, say shh, give him his paci and he goes back to sleep in under 1 - mins.  I go back to bed and 15 mins later same thing.  I am scared to take the paci from him though....  I know the paci thing is a prop board question.  But I am willing to not stop the pat/shh.  But will it get better?  He is an angel baby in everyway.  But how do I fix this 5am thing? The last thing I want to do is cause accidental parenting with the paci or just by going in his room.  I have tried to see if he will self soothe, but it quickly becomes a "mommy I need you!!!!!"  And I do not believe in CIO.  But am I setting my self up to fail by going in constantly?  I know Tracy says that u have to keep it up, but I need know if I am doing the right thing of feeding at5am or not feeding at 5am.....

UGH!!!!

Thanks for your time and imput.......

Leigh & Kyle
I love being a Mom!!!

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: sleep issues....Night Wakings.... Help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 18:27:16 pm »
Try feeding him and then doing pat/shh and see if that helps

move his naptime to 8
then about 12:30 for second nap
4:30 do a cat nap (45 minutes) then move bedtime to 7pm

He's just a little overtired :) but your are on the right track and to sleep till 5 (I'm assuming thats his only wake up?) thats really good for 10 weeks.

HTH
Kimberly

Offline Kyles_mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • DS Kyle
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 19:25:09 pm »
This morning I did feed him at 5:20, but I still had to shh/pat until 7am.   I will move up his bed time to 7 tonight and try that.  He just went down for a cat nap now 4:30.  But he has been up since 1:30pm so he maybe still overtired to get him up at 5:15.  But I will try it.  Thanks for your help. 
I love being a Mom!!!

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 22:46:37 pm »
Let me know how that goes :)
Kimberly