Author Topic: Problems with Easy  (Read 961 times)

Offline Katies mummy 06

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 07, 2006, 14:55:42 pm »
Hi, I only started easy with my lo last week, but I'm having problems. I'm pretty sure it's me that's causing them but I need a bit of help to find out what 'm doing wrong.
I'm struggling with the Activity part of Easy. My lo eats at 6.30am ish she only takes 15 minutes to down her bottle of 6oz, she then falls straight to sleep and there's my problem. I've tried waking her after 2 hours to make sure she's not sleeping too much during the day, but she just screams at me. When I calm her down she falls asleep so I'm not really sure how to progress with easy.

Could anyone help with any suggestions? Her night time routine on easy does seem to work though, she goes to bed between 6.30 to 7 and I dream feed at 10.30-11 and she'll sleep to 3am and take another 5oz.

Also I'm struggling to get her to eat every 3 hours as prior to starting easy she was eating every 4 hours. She is 8 weeks old.

Any ideas please.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 15:15:21 pm by Katies mummy 06 »

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Re: Problems with Easy
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 19:29:16 pm »
Could you post your routine please.

Is she taking anything at the 3 hr mark?  How much did she weigh at birth?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong IMHO, at 8 weeks, my DD was always sleeping, I would give her a bottle, she used to down 4oz in 15 mins. Change her nappy, then she would be straight to sleep again.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 18:17:02 pm »
Hi there, I would probably say to treat the 6am feeding as a night feed, and then set a wake up time depending on you and your LO, and then feed upon that waking.(It may not always be a full feed) The wake up time will definitely effect the night time routine in regards to the time she will go to sleep. Try to stick to a 3 hour routine....eat then activity time( this will definitely differ with each baby, my son at 3 months could only do an hour--and that was sometimes pushing it)
Definitely post your routine if you have the time, so we can take a look and try to help you tweak
HTH
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.