Author Topic: Sleep time  (Read 998 times)

Offline newmomdi

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Sleep time
« on: June 07, 2006, 00:01:00 am »
Hi there!  If I put my 11 1/2 week old down at 7:30 pm is it reasonable to expect her wake time to be at 7am?  Or is this too much night time sleep for her age?  I looked at the post regarding how many hours a 3 month old sleeps at night and it was only 10, if that is the case should I keep her up longer?  Please see my other post currently on page two for my current schedule.  Thank you for the help!  We are trying to break her of the 4:30 wake.  My DH has told me it is almost the same time to the minute, which I didn't know, and she is not hungry when she wakes.  Last night he was able to soothe her with the paci and some light patting.  She ended up waking at 6:10am when we gave her Prevacid prior to her morning feed.  He says she started to fall asleep in his arms after getting the tiny bit of medicine which makes me think she stil could have slept longer had he tried to soothe her some more.  We want her day to start at 7.  Thank you again!
Di
Angel baby with reflux
Lauren Sarah was born March 18, 2006

Offline GabrielleD

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
Re: Sleep time
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 00:05:56 am »
Hi,

I am not sure if this will help, but DS is usually asleep by about 7:30 and wakes pretty regularly sometime between 6 and 6:15. The only times that he sleeps longer is if he had a lousy night due to feeding. He is usually dead tired by the time his bath rolls around 7 pm, so I don't want to keep him up longer in the evenings. But I would love to know if there is a way to have them sleep longer and wake later.

Offline GabrielleD

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
Re: Sleep time
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 00:07:27 am »
Oops, I just realized that you have an 11.5 WEEK old, not an 11.5 month old LO. Just disregard anything I wrote above.